Just got off the elevator with Anthony Morris

by kneehighmiah 47 Replies latest jw friends

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

You were actually blessed with a premonition.

That was a HELLevator.

Anthony Morris "was heading to the basement."

Sounds about right.

• bigmac
    bigmac

luckily--ive been out of that cult since before '75---so i havent a clue who this morris guy is.

back in my day--knorr was the big cheese. he came over to london once--just to give a talk one evening---he kept on saying---" you must not forget " ive never forgotten----except what it was i must not forget.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I was tied in from Rochester, NY. Thank god it's over. In the last talk today he said that if you let yourself be anxious, you won't make it through the end. My wife feels major guilt now. This sucks. Did you catch the lies on page 21 and 22 of the new book? About how the bible students pointed to 1914 decades in advance as Being the BEGINNING of the time of trouble?? an outright lie. The propaganda techniques are perfected. They make you feel like If you are not full time pioneering, you ain't jack shit.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"they feel Jesus presence in the GB room, and his leadings"

Right. He was inches away from an undercover apostate in a elevator and neither the holy spirit or Jesus could clue him in. What an idiot.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

"changes in the future"

Does that mean he knows what he is saying now isn't true???

LOL......these guys are awesome

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Haha Billy. He should have felt a disturbance in the force as I entered the elevator.

@bu2b, don't you love how he keeps saying I'm not here to make you feel guilty. I'm just here to help. Then he proceeds to lay the guilt on thick. he saI'd being anxious brings reproach on Jehovah.

• kepler
    kepler

At the international convention here I just got off the elevator with Anthony Morris. He was heading to the basement and I was heading up to administration. I rode one floor down with him before I went up to my destination. Hilarious how unimpressed I am after awakening. I'm sure the "worldly" elevator operator was equally unimpressed. Typing this in thebathroom as I await his concluding discourse.

Could have been worse.

The elevator could have got stuck.

For hours.

And he could have lectured you on the nature of eternity....

Just so you could get the idea of how unbearable it could be with some people.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Or he says, "Im not saying this, its what Jesus says. Its between you and him" I though the whole last talk was so insensitive to those in the real world. He made it seem like if you are stressed out its all your fault. He knows what the fu*&k he is doing. He is so smug and self-righteous, I was looking at peoples faces while he spoke, and although most seemed to be eating it up, a good portion did not look too happy about what he was saying.

He says "I am not trying to play doctor" and then goes on to do just that for an hour, even saying pills wont help you!

I have found that when they say they arent something, or are not trying to do something else, thats exactly what they are doing. When he says, "I am not tyring to make you feel guilty" "We are not trying to brainwash anyone" "we are not a cult" etc, they are doig just those things, as if just saying it makes it true. Why the need to even say such things, if you are telling the truth.

The whole theme was putting the kingdom first, but "kingdom" means serving the organization.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Easy to say for a man who never has to worry about the price of groceries, rent, travels the world (he kept going on and on about his travels, as if he wanted to impress someone) or any other real world issues. I kept looking at the telescreen, screaming inside YOU ARE THE CAUSE OF MY and MANY OTHERS ANXIETY!!

• KateWild
    KateWild

If I was in a lift with him, I would ask him how he feels Holy Spirit guiding him. I ask that to all Christians I meet, JWs or not. I get a bunch of different responses, very interesting in fact. The best I got was when an elder said.........

"I know Holy Spirit is guiding me when I read the bible and follow it" - Bro NiceButDim

What nonsense, the bible says nothing about KateWild's repentant heart. Dumb bleeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit