Jim Penton's beloved wife Marilyn died today.

by AndersonsInfo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Her suffering is finally over. Marilyn has been battling cancer for about three years and at times it looked like she would win. But in the last few months the cancer spread. Jim is devastated. They were married for over sixty years.

More later.

Barbara

• steve2
    steve2

That is so sad. Jim and Marilyn have touched so many lives and left such positive impressions. Jim will be so lost without Marilyn - my heart goes out to Jim and his family.

• Dagney
    Dagney

His was the first book I read after I left, "Apocalypse Delayed."

RIP Marilyn. May Jim find comfort and peace through this difficult time.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

RIP Marilyn. So sad.

God bless you Jim.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

My heart goes out to Jim.

-Aude.

• designs
    designs

Sad news, 60 years together.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Loved his book, met him and heard him speak. Great job. Didn't meet his wife.
    So sorry to hear of his woes.

• Mary
    Mary

I just got back from seeing Jim. I know he's in shock but he's strong and has good support from family and friends. I first met him and Marilyn about 7 years ago through Mouthy and we immediately hit it off. Marilyn was an absolute sweetheart and reminded me very much of my own mother. I know she's been battling ovarian cancer for the last few years and took chemo a couple of years ago. For a time, it seemed to have worked for her and we were all so happy.

Then a couple of weeks ago, Jim called me at work and left a message telling me that Marilyn was in the hospital and that the cancer had come back and there was no hope. He broke down sobbing and I started to cry. I went to see her that night and was shocked at the change in her from about 6 weeks previously. I had planned on going tonight after work to see her again, but it was too late.

I'm not sure what I believe about God or an afterlife, but if there is something beyond this life, then Marilyn has surely earned 'her wings'.

RIP my friend.

• rebel8
  • oldflame
    oldflame

Mary did I know them it has been so long since I have been around this site . I didnt even know if it were still alive . Does Simon still have it ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit