Jim Penton's beloved wife Marilyn died today.

by AndersonsInfo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Jim, if you read this. So sorry for your loss.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

married for 60 years - how very sad - thinking of you Jim

• JeffT
    JeffT

My condolences to Jim, that is sad news.

• oppostate
    oppostate

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news as well.

I tried sending an email to Jim but the address I have bounced.

Could someone send me a PM with a newer address for him?

I remember meeting them a few years back at a Christian

Believer's Conference in Massachusetts, and I was and still

am very fond of them. My sympathy and condolences to Jim.

• Rescripting_myself
    Rescripting_myself

I have not met the Pentons but his book Apocalypse Delayed helped me a lot in concluding that WTBTS is not God's channel of truth to mankind back in 2000. My condolences to Jim. Marilyn RIP.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Very sad news.My condolences.

Bangalore

• blondie
    blondie

Jim, I'm sorry for both of you. Ten years ago I sat by my husband's bed in a hospital clinging to life, doctors not knowing what to do. Eventually he got better but I feel differently each time I look at him knowing how quickly I could lose him, even in his 40's. Your friends and family are with you now.

Love, Blondie and Irreverent

• Mary
    Mary

OldFlame asked: Mary did I know them it has been so long since I have been around this site . I didnt even know if it were still alive . Does Simon still have it ?

I'm not sure if you knew them or not. Jim was one of the very, very few people that got his PhD while he was a Witness and he taught at the University of Lethbridge for a number of years. He got The Axe for bringing to light many of the Borg's twisting of words to make their own interpretation of the bible seem 'correct'. He and Marilyn were lucky in that they were able to get all of their family out and I think the entire congregation was dissolved out there.

I was actually over at their place for supper a couple of months ago and Marilyn had made a wonderful saffron rice with lots of veggies and shrimp. It was delicious. I just couldn't believe how quickly she went downhill. :-(

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I do not know these people but 60 years is an incredible time to be with someone. The sadness and feelings of and pain and loss must be indescribable. My heart goes out to this obviously very fine gentleman.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Thanks Mary !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit