If there was a pill that could open their eyes - would you give it to them?

by truthseeker 40 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

get off your high horse, Freedom. This is a totally fictional "what if." It ain't Guantanamo Bay or a "Jason Bourne" reprogramming (also fiction.)

I liken the mind control to being lied to to be hooked on heroin. The addict can't (granted- in my opinion) be relied on to make an informed decision as to whether they want help getting off the drug. Actually, it's even worse with JW's. Most heroin addicts eventuality figure out they need to get help even if they never actually do get that help.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

In the O.P Truthseeker said " Some people need "boundaries", they need someone to lead and give them directions, they need a sense of belonging,......"

True, but those things are available outside of high-control, mind-control Cults.

I may hesitate, like Cofty, to give, or even offfer the "pill" to my elderly JW relatives, I think one of them at least would become insane, and another would be left with a very empty life.

We could though arrange a fantastic support programme for the ones who do take the pill, so they do not find "waking up" too traumatic.

As I said on another thread, if you could get TTATT through to the majority of R&F JW's, at least 90% would walk.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I have to agree with OTWO. Who among us doesn't regret not knowing TTATT sooner? The less of a lovely life wasted inside a cult, the better. As for the elderly, they will still have each other as friends. And they won't be leaving all their monetary wealth to the borg.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Yes to the OP. But then the choice would be up to the individual whether or not they want to take it.

Red/Blue Pil

- -

truthseeker: Some people need "boundaries"

Everyone needs boundaries. AND they need to respect the boundaries of others. WT/JW "theology," policies and practices breakdown, destroy and violate all natural and appropriate boundaries of the individual and of families.

You might find this thread on the subject informative:

Relationship Issues: Boundaries, Freedom of Choice and Codependency

truthseeker: they need someone to lead and give them directions,

True for some, but not all.

truthseeker: they need a sense of belonging

I would say MOST people, maybe even ALL people need to feel that they belong somewhere. We are social animals. It's what we are.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Impossible! There is no pill that can open their eyes. It would have to be a cocktail of 40 pills . . . just to get them to listen to you with an open mind.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

If your jw parents/family/friends, people that you love, were dying slowly of a dreaded disease and you had a pill that could cure them, would you give it to them? I think the answer is rather obvious. HELL YES!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Waking up without any precipitating factor (other than a pill) could be even more traumatic than waking up based on a negative event in the organization. I'm troubled by the lack of volition. I'm postponing judgment on this scenario.

• fredPotato
    fredPotato

That's easy: YES

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Any time you say anything at all to an active JW that challenges their belief system, its like giving them that red/blue pill option.

As most can relate to doing that at some time, the JW almost always chooses the blue pill option.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Here's some medication that WT has been working on. Maybe we could modify it and use this to wake up the sheeple to TTATT...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/humour/204491/1/Too-many-partakers-in-the-org-Help-is-on-the-way#.U8rPy7HDt8E

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit