If there was a pill that could open their eyes - would you give it to them?

by truthseeker 40 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Yada yada,

Thanks for your insightful comments.

I agree, that for the majority of JWs, giving them a wake-up pill could be beneficial. The younger you are, the better. Not sure if those still living with parents and are minors would immediately benefit, but it could give them the impetus to start planning their exit.

"But what about those who are completely institutionalized, the elderly, the super zealous, the geeky kids who have no friends, the misfits?" As above, i must answer YES, for the benefit of the majority of JWs for the long-term. The short-term suffering of a few elderly or misfit JW's is not as important as the greater, long-term moral good gained from snapping JW's and the Watchtower Society out of it's moral and ethical BLINDNESS in disgustingly believing that 'Jehovah' essentially approves of child-sacrifice for fanatical adherence to erroneous interpretations of ancient scriptural passages on blood and a strict and totally unrealistic requirement for 'two witnesses' to child rape before ousting a paedophile from the congregation, for example. Our moral duty as Christians is to mitigate the worst forms of suffering as much as possible and build up from there. The Watchtower Society is BLOODGUILTY for the deaths of babies, children and adults because of blindly fanatical and legalistic, and erroneous immoral interpretations of ancient and entirely debateable scriptures.

This is a difficult one. Some JWs would lose it - but does the good of the many outweighh the good of the one or the few?

If it meant dismantling the entire stucture so that the JWs could never again recruit another person, I am of the opinion that some sacrifice would have to be made, but again, this is an ethical dilemma.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit