I know 2 of the Elders on the Ray Franz JC

by James Jackson 79 Replies latest jw experiences

• clarity
    clarity

James .....with all due respect............but,

"Unless you have been in my situation, it is hard to explain the mindset of a former longtime Elder(21 years), Regular Pioneer (14 years), one was at the top of his game, handling many responsibities on the Circuit and District level, serving on over 50 Judicial cases, including Appeal Committees, various Elder Schools (including Teaching parts in these schools), and even spending a week at Patterson for the COBE Kingdom Ministry School"

...speaking as a woman (read no credibility) who

wasted 50 yrs doing just the dirty work for watchtower,

I would think that with all your experience & prestige,

that you would be so rightiously indignant that you

would USE your huge weight of (wt) power & know-how

to effectively bring down this house of lies!

If not the likes you ......WHO?

Having said that ......thanks for sharing.

clarity

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The man Ray was eating with was a DAd exjw, so by jw definition he was an unbeliever. 1corth. 10:27.Paul said if you want to eat with an unbeliever then fine. Jw are such hypocrits.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Theotis French's son left his wife and 'the truth' to pursue a different sort of life. He saw through the hypocrisy of the teachings of the Org. Unfortunatly his wife was an innocent victim. Theotis chose the organization over his son.

And, before anyone starts tromping around on their naysaying high-horse, yes....I know of the situation personally and many other folks from this area - Gregerson family included. The comments from James Jackson since he began posting here are factual and honest. I don't think I know JJ personally - but I bet I know plenty of others around him.

Hundreds of people have faced judicial commitees and stood up for what they believed in ... and were disfellowshipped from the 'christian congregation'. This process will continue until the headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses closes it's doors. It's a private club and you're only invited to the party if you play by their rules.

Simple.

ginger

• Scott77
    Scott77

marked.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Unless you have been in my situation, it is hard to explain the mindset of a former longtime Elder(21 years), Regular Pioneer (14 years), one was at the top of his game, handling many responsibities on the Circuit and District level, serving on over 50 Judicial cases, including Appeal Committees, various Elder Schools (including Teaching parts in these schools), and even spending a week at Patterson for the COBE Kingdom Ministry School. I could go on but some of you guys are wearing me out!

I find the listing of organizational bona fides very strange now that I've been out for nearly a decade. Take this Theotis French fellow. He might have had an incredibly impressive resume that would have left me in awe when I was a witness, yet he's still a bus driver.

It's only within the confines of the cult that any of that matters. As far at the real world is concerned, it's meaningless gibberish. It doesn't make you more qualified than the next guy for a job at McDonalds.

I known people who once held high positions and have subsequently left the witnesses. I'm specifically thinking of a former bethelite and a former CO. Their linkedin pages now summarize their time spent in the witnesses as work in the "non-profit" sector, which is essentially a void and a liability. It must be a bitter pill to swallow.

• steve2
    steve2

JJ thanks for answering my questions. You do come across as bona fide. You ask for my credo. Tut tut, man, I am not coming on to the forum claiming exclusive information that has been supposedly personally suppressed for a long time based on a conversation with one of the main players in Ray's leaving the organization. I do acknowledge the need some have for discretion but I have questioned whether your "disclosure" adds anything that was well covered in CoC. But thanks for responding.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Unless you have been in my situation, it is hard to explain the mindset of a former longtime Elder(21 years), Regular Pioneer (14 years), one was at the top of his game, handling many responsibities on the Circuit and District level, serving on over 50 Judicial cases, including Appeal Committees, various Elder Schools (including Teaching parts in these schools), and even spending a week at Patterson for the COBE Kingdom Ministry School. I could go on but some of you guys are wearing me out!

"Top of his game".. ? And your proud of that? Shameful resume..

I am still very much in Physically and very active you could say. I have been sitting on this for awhile because I do not want to be outed. James J

Even more shameful and cowardly...

I don't get why some here are in apparent awe of you. You should not be here bigging yourself with imaginary bull$%£$! WT qualifications.. you should instead be apologising for the years you have spent contributing to the wrecking and destroying of peoples lives.

Sorry I can't celebrate your hypocrisy.

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

From Sparky1:

Sorry James Jackson but there was an Elders Manual in hardcover book form back in the 70's. It was not as comprehensive as the current version but it was a full size hardcover publication. When I went throught Bethel Entrants School in 1974 it was part of our study curriculum.

Confirming Sparky1's comment. I also had the same book, same year actually, at Bethel.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Thank JJ for this info. I'm sorry that a few posters always have to be nit pickers. They behave the same way JC elders do! Guess they still haven't got over it!

HappyDad

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

Dis- Member : "Top of his game".. ? And your proud of that? Shameful resume

If you have served as an Elder and moved on quickly, then good for you. It is different for me, long entrenched ideas and reinforcement from those around you ( fellow Elders, CO's DO's, etc.).

With that said; I have personally apologized to some that I know that I have hurt. One was an Elder that I was instrumental in getting him deleted because he was a free thinker and vocal about it. I used Heb. 13:17, ... be submissive (yeilding), which includes by extention the Elder Body. When we had our Elder Meeting with the CO, we reduced this grown man to tears when he was informed of his deletion. That rest of us where very stoic, expressionless, heartless.

Then the CO asked for his keys and Shephering book, then dismissed him. Over!!!

After my deletion ( in some respects a good thing, because the koolaid lost it's effect), I went to his home, stuck out hand and apologize to this man for all the hurt I caused him and his family. Then I went to his wife and his son and apologized to them. He gave me a big hug (I got emotional), thanked me and assured me everything is alright. He let my wife and I take him and his family out for a nice meal, Now I count him as one of my close friends.

I have serveral more of like experiences, but some may find this stuff boring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit