I know 2 of the Elders on the Ray Franz JC

by James Jackson 79 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

When I read COC, I was stunned that the 2 Elders (Theotis French & Rob Dibble) were on Ray Franz Judcial Committee. I have known these men for over 20 years having done RBC and Convention work with them. They are still Elders today which means they were in their early 30's(which is unheard of for a case of this importance to have inexperienced Elders to sit on) on this committee.

Without revealing myself, I have never tried(but have wanted to), ask them about their on having to judge a former GB member.

Then out of the blue, about a year ago, I was mentioning how hard it is trying to get younger ones to volunteer to one of these Elders, and he says"This is nothing compared to to sitting on the committee that had to disfellowship Ray Franz". I said "What could be so hard about that? Cut and Dry right?". He said: "WE WERE DIRECTED BY THE SOCIETY HOW TO DISFELLOWSHIP HIM!".

Then he continued on: "Ray was a nice Brother, well spoken of and he used the scriptures effectively to defend his position. There was nothing in our Sheperding Books that said that if anyone shares a meal with a DF or DA person, they too should be DF". " But the SOCIETY said use 1COR. 5:11, and do not try to explain it to him, he will just try to confuse you like all those who turn against the TRUTH!" I responded:" When you are a company man, you must listen to mama".

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Really?

If that account is as you described, then that is a HUGE piece of information!

Thanks for sharing.

• Terry
    Terry

Prime Directive: set your own conscience aside and do as we say.

Mind control is not pretty.

Thanks for sharing that, James.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Huh?

So he admits that he was wrong?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Nothing new under the sun when it comes to the Wt. Cult. I have seen this in action on other cases where I lived. Still Totally ADD

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

That is actually a very huge piece of information.

It confirms the talking about the Sept 1981 institution of DA'ing.

The Borg attempting to prevent further revealing of inside info.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

I believe there was a guy in Germany with his minions who said the same thing- his name was Hitler, he had the mandate passed to annihilate millions - seems a likely scenario today as well.. the elders follow without thought, just fall in line, like good soldiers yet this elder who df'd RF is still in, knowing that there was no precedent set for that type of action against a GB member? So RF was df'd by regular elders, and not the GB? Lesser qualified men to get rid of an annointed one by Jehovahs HS??

TL

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

That is not surprising, but it is still messed up!

I wonder how your friend continues on as an elder with the knowledge that he has? It must nag at him!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

There was nothing in our Sheperding Books that said that if anyone shares a meal with a DF or DA person, they too should be DF". " But the SOCIETY said use 1COR. 5:11, and do not try to explain it to him, he will just try to confuse you like all those who turn against the TRUTH!"

Such a man has no conscience and no integrity.

How can he look into a mirror?

It hard to imagine that he is still "IN" when he knows the facts of something like this.

No doubt, he feared for his own "life" or position.

Sad.

Doc

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

@James, I haven't really read your back story here, so perhaps you are out now? Potentially the details of the conversation you have posted could ultimately lead to a RL reveal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit