I know 2 of the Elders on the Ray Franz JC

by James Jackson 79 Replies latest jw experiences

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I am still very much in Physically and very active you could say. I have been sitting on this for awhile because I do not want to be outed. James J

So ... I take it for 20 years or so you have known the "organization" is a false prophet and a fraud and protects pedophiles and lies and manipulates and destroys people's lives and teaches absolute rubbish and you decided to keep your position ? Because ? Its a position ? and on the outside, in the real world you would be ...?

• steve2
    steve2

I love the part where he says, "I have been sitting on this (information) for a while because I do not want to be outed." Sheesh, man, what's changed that you disclose it now? If it's okay to do so now, why not earlier? What do you want others to do with this information that you yourself are not prepared/ able to do? And, given Ray Franz wrote about his JC, your supposed direct conversation with an elder on Ray's JC is hardly revelatory.

No, there's likely never been a risk of you being outed if the level of information you try to tantalize us with here is anything to go by. Meanwhile, here's hoping that your time spent on this forum doesn't get in the way of you being "very active" in the organization.

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

For Steve2 and Focus: My credibility stands for itself, read some of my earlier posts.

What more do you want to know about Dibble and French?

Rob Dibble is the COBE now and a Regular Pioneer along with his wife Dawn in the the North Gadsden Congregation.

Theotis French just recently retired from secular work, is an Elder in the East Gadsden Congregation (not on the Service Committee, another reason why I was shocked that he was on Franz JC for his lack of experience) and does part time work for the city of Gadsden (Public Bus Driver).

What else you want to know? I have given many Public Talks in their congregation, been out to eat with them, closer than I am letting on.

Unless you have been in my situation, it is hard to explain the mindset of a former longtime Elder(21 years), Regular Pioneer (14 years), one was at the top of his game, handling many responsibities on the Circuit and District level, serving on over 50 Judicial cases, including Appeal Committees, various Elder Schools (including Teaching parts in these schools), and even spending a week at Patterson for the COBE Kingdom Ministry School. I could go on but some of you guys are wearing me out!

What is you credo?

• Focus
    Focus

James, no need to be so defensive.

My point was and is that what you say has been recently disclosed to you was already widely known to have been the case.

That one of the participants in the "judicial execution" has allegedly actually admitted it, that is noteworthy.

If the words can be pinned to him (two witnesses rule), I can cause the wheels to be set into motion which will have the disfellowshiper himself disfellowshiped.

Which would be poetic justice.

__

Focus

("Disfellowship Everyone!" Class)

• sparky1
    sparky1

Sorry James Jackson but there was an Elders Manual in hardcover book form back in the 70's. It was not as comprehensive as the current version but it was a full size hardcover publication. When I went throught Bethel Entrants School in 1974 it was part of our study curriculum.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Poor stupid elders !!. They should admit that they no longer have their brains, because they don't think by themselves.

I spent many years believing in this bullshit. It was a waste of time.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Hi James, fellow lurkers, veteran contributors and brothers in faith. I am confused with the Elder's book being used to disfellowship the brothers, most especially Ray. If we will take a look at 1 Cor. 5:11-13 (ESV), nowhere do we see that a brother - who has shared a meal with a person (pretending to be brother) guilty of certain acts - should be disfellowshipped or ex-communicated.

"11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church [a] whom you are to judge? 13 God judges [b] those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

The Apostle Paul was speaking to the Congregation of Corinth, exhorting the members NOT TO ASSOCIATE with such pretentious brother. I felt he was castigating them because of their being "proud or boastful" of such man. Perhaps they have tolerated the matter with pride. Yet there was no instruction that whoever eats with him, that Christian should also be expelled. If there's any consequence for disobeying, I guess the brother should instead be reminded and advised properly, or perhaps reproved at the most. But disfellowshiping the guy is like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly.

Hence, what is the basis of the Elder's book? If there is a glaring conflict between that organizational book and the Bible, I guess we know which should prevail and be used for such a sensitive matter.

• sir82
    sir82

If there is a glaring conflict between that organizational book and the Bible, I guess we know which should prevail and be used for such a sensitive matter.

Well DUH! The hierarchy of authority goes something like this (in order of most important to least important):

1) Oral direction from the branch

2) Written direction from the branch

3) Oral direction from the CO

4) BOE letters

5) Dictated handwritten notes in BOE textbook

6) Printed material from BOE textbook

7) Organization book

8) Watchtower articles

9) the Bible

10) Compassionate common sense

• Quendi
    Quendi

@JamesJackson: I knew Willie and Annabelle Anderson as both were friends of mine when I lived in Birmingham and Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Willie did not talk too much about the Ray Franz situation although he got involved after Ray settled in the area. Talk about "six degrees of separation"!

Quendi

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

In defense of James Jackson, and on the assumption he is speaking the truth, it is none of our business to judge him as to why he waited so long to disclose this information or why he gives public talks.

for everything there is a time and a season. I know for myself, when I had doubts and found this website, part of me still wanted to believe the Society had the truth, and I wrestled with my mind for a long time before I left.

From the perspective of others, it can be a mystery why people who know TTABT stay in, but usually one reaches a point where they know it's time to leave

Truthseeker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit