Name Some Things That JWs Look Down Upon That Normal People Wouldn't Even Think About?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• SadElder
    SadElder

Denim clothing at the dumHall

• Robert7
    Robert7

College. I recently told a friend about the Witness stance on college. How it's Satan's tool to pull people into immorality and drugs. They looked at me like I was crazy. It was had to believe.

Here's another one that always threw me. I grew up in a Polish family in Chicago. Birthdays and Weddings (or other great milestones like an anniversary) always sing a great fun happy traditional song called "Sto Lat". It literally means "100 years". It implies "live a long happy life". That's it in the song. Live a long happy life. No mention of birthdays, Christmas, nothing!

Well, the JWs get their panties in a bunch. Why wish only 100 years? You have everlasting life. So they treat this innocent song as if it's a song of Satan. They will NOT sing it, and will look down, and get all haughty about these poor people wishing only 100 years. Meanwhile everyone else is singing it wishing the best for those at the event. No one else would have any clue as to why this is a bad song.

• millie210
    millie210

Not serving alchohol at a witness wedding reception.

Everyone just goes home and drinks later...........

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Not serving alchohol at a witness wedding reception. Everyone just goes home and drinks later...........

The booze always flows at wedding receptions here!

The exception would be those trying to go CHEAP and they'd use the need to avoid the potential of excessive drinking as an excuse to save the cash. (You know how those JWs just cannot manifest any self-control if there is FREE booze.)

Doc

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

To add to the list:

Toasting or "clinking" glasses of champage at weddings, anniversaries, special events.

Mustn't scare off the spirits.

Doc

• ambersun
    ambersun

If a woman or girl turned up at the meeting wearing trousers (pants). Her husband or father (as her head) would be severely reprimanded for allowing such immodest behaviour. I know this from personal experience when attending our very first meeting as a family back in the 1960s! Alarm bells should have been ringing loudly in my dad's brain or even in my mom's brain but sadly not...

• James Brown
    James Brown

Designs. I think I threw out my Blue Oyster Cult album collection 3 times before

I finally left the tower.

I would throw it out. Buy it back. Throw it out buy it back.

Blue Oyster Cult is my favorite living existing group.

Buc Dharma lives down the road from me here in Florida.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Be a young person in the Kingdom Hall and announce "I've been accepted to Harvard", and see how many elders congratulate you. You would be lucky to leave the meeting without a backroom inquisition.

Let me add something with the same words:

Be a young person in the Kingdom Hall and announce "I've been anointed", and see how many elders congratulate you. You would be lucky to leave the meeting without a backroom inquisition.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

When I tried fading the first time, I was getting texts from the elder saying how they didn't like my beard.

• Divergent
    Divergent

That's hardly a good way to encourage a "lost sheep" to "return to the flock"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit