Name Some Things That JWs Look Down Upon That Normal People Wouldn't Even Think About?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

JWs look down on others for saying, "bless you" if someone sneezes. It has something to do with the demons. Another example is that it is considered satanic if a man took his hat off for a lady!

Who would ever think like that but Jehovah's witnesses?

• TG-Jasper
    TG-Jasper

jws are the only people I know who think anything they pick up from a garage sale is possessed by demons

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

That "critical thinking" is a bad thing.

• phats
    phats

The only place for "self mutilation" with jewelry are the earlobes.

Anywhere else is not showing good spirituality or respect for gods creation & therefore somewhat questionable.

Keep em in the lobes folks.

Phats.

• designs
    designs

My entire collection of Blue Oyster Cult albums....

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Be a young person in the Kingdom Hall and announce "I've been accepted to Harvard", and see how many elders congratulate you. You would be lucky to leave the meeting without a backroom inquisition.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

A year before going back to meetings I shot the celeb filled birthday celebrations of Nobel Prize winner and ex Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Gorbachev at the Royal Albert Hall in London.

For months after I got emails from elders brothers and sisters from different congregations scolding me for doing it and telling me never to contact them again.

Bizarre considering I was not even in any way involved with the witnesses when I did that.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Telling your mom "Happy Mothers Day!"

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

When we first left the Witnesses, it took conscious discipline to use everyday manners. We adjusted quickly. My JW aunt visited us. When she sneezed, my little sister boomed "God Bless You" spontaneously. You could hear a pin drop. She was upset but we told her my aunt should apologize. If we put with the JW nonsense, they can tolerate harmless behavior. Show me where it says the phrase cannot be uttered in the Bible.

Same aunt, different season. Our Christmas tree was full of ornaments and lights. It was majestic. When I was a child, two twigs would be sufficient. My aunt had to use the ladies room before seeing her md across the street. Little sister calls me at the law firm. She can't find mom and does not what to do. I told her to grab some sheets, see if anyone was underneath and throw it off the fire escape. I had stomach pains. Christmas trees are normal.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Saying "good luck" and "bless you"

Eating Birthday cake, although it's perfectly acceptable if it's the next day

Giving a toast

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit