Witnesses truly believe they are more educated than non jws. Their theocratic education is far more superior than a worldly college education.
Name Some Things That JWs Look Down Upon That Normal People Wouldn't Even Think About?
Drunkenness and bestiality. They seem to frown on that in my area.
The idea that people who underline their Watchtower are more spiritual than people who dont.
They are so narrow minded.
Minimus-- I forgot about the stupid "stumbling" thing. I used to get SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of people saying anything a person said or did or liked was a possible stumbling block to the congregation.
What everyone mentioned here... (including me) needs the same thing a finger in their face...
I used to point out we were in good company since Jesus stumbled certain Jews.
- Wanting to be educated beyond high school
- Having friends that have different beliefs
- Letting your hair get a little long
- Having a beard (men only)
- Getting a little drunk
- Watching an "R" rated movie
- Sleeping in on the weekends
- Enjoying sex
- Disagreeing with the leader of your church
- Learning to think for yourself
Reading the Bible in context outside of assigned Bible reading. Reading anything but the NWT for reference. Watching science shows.