Seriously considering stepping down as Elder

by fader77 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Do it!

I have no desire to be any part of them, even for the benefits of being in the know about the craziness of the organization.

Just keep logging on here. We know what's up before most elders anyways!

• His Excellency
  • blondie
    blondie

I was on JWN while my husband was still an elder, but he didn't know it. It told him that I had heard (I didn't tell him from where) that the CO would be reading them a non-letter about taking a blood transfusion no longer being a df'ing offense but a da'ing offense. When he went to the meeting, everything was as I said it (source JWN). He saw that the paper had a letterhead. The BOE was directed that they would not get a copy and it would not go into the BOE file AND they would not be able to look at it even, all points I got from JWN. He was pissed at how the CO danced around the facts. He came home with wonderment on his face; his wife somehow knew the higher echelon information.

There are few WTS secrets that don't get revealed.

My husband stepped down as an elder and stopped attending altogether a few months after that. He and I felt so much better. We have made new friends, recontacted old non-jw friends and relatives. The jws have drifted away much like they do when you change to a new congregation or move to a new state. Out of sight out of mind.

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

It would be good to cut out now, come coup-de-grace time I assure you you do not want to be one of the JW cowboys for the global JW herding process. In fact you should get out of the org COMPLETELY and let the storm pass. Bethel is going down as part of it's "self fulfilling prophecy", but the world system will keep going on for a while, and the first couple years of that engineered downfall are not going to be pretty.

I would say cutting out now would relieve you of much stress and uncertainty, there are many global indications Bethel is selling a premature "end of the world" scenario to aid concealment of their own coup final stage. All the latest Bethel weirdness is for a reason, and the gut feeling of some is accurate. Bethel is NOT what it tries to appear to be, in fact it is the antithesis of what it claims to be, and the sham cannot go on indefinitely, nor is it planned to continue much longer. This is the year IMO, it is all coming together soon for the coup, and it takes a couple years to really unwind fully.

During the whole process they will sell JWs the usual "prophecy is fulfilling" diversions as long as possible. Observing Matthew 24:15 and the UN NGO Bethel cue is good advice. FLEE!!!

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Screw them! Why do you feel you need to tell those elders anything! Stepping down is bull.

Just leave and do not answer your phone.

Why bother caring about stepping down. Just walk out.

It is not like leaving a job! Are you going to use them on your resume? No!

You might want to shake the dust off your shoes.

Your wife will get over you not attending.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

im sorry sarahsmile, but one must still be a gentleman and have his dignity. step aside, cite personal reasons. spend more time with your family and for YOURSELF. i am an elder (sort of) and i know well how much life it sucks out of you and your family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit