Seriously considering stepping down as Elder

by fader77 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• fader77
    fader77

I have been an elder for 6 years. It's been the last 2 years or so that I've really seen the hypocrisy, but the ability to know the shenanigans of the society through the Body of Elders letters has kind of kept me in there. I'm to the point now that I can't stand the hatred and bitterness that the body of elders has towards myself and my whole family. I have no desire to be any part of them, even for the benefits of being in the know about the craziness of the organization. I am now to the point I am seriously considering stepping down. Hell part of me wanted to announce myself as no longer one of JW when I had my service meeting part tonight lol. I wonder if anyone has ever announced themself lol. In any case, I am at such a low point in life, and I know it's just the poison of being connected with it all. I have contributed a couple of letters here on the forum, but I'm afraid I may not be able to do that anymore. I'm just done putting up with all their bull shit. The elder body is the biggest bunch of hypocritical, hatred filled group of men I have ever seen.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Why do they hate you and your family so much, if you don't mind me asking.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Get out and get on with life. As a matter of fact, an old JWN member called Little Toe did that exact thing -- he gave his final talk and then said he was no longer a JW and he walked off the platform and out of the KH forever. I think you can still find his posts about that experience if you do a search.

• fader77
    fader77

Because we have lived in the congregation so long maybe. I dont know really. Some of them get along with us really well, but the body is mostly composed of related people, and that family doesnt like us. So hypocritical though. I want out so bad, but my family is so strong with it, and I'd be without anyone if I left completely. I gotta play the game to some degree, but being an Elder is too much. I'm done with it.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Hi fader77, I know the feeling. I was there once and it was doing my health no good. Devise a plan for fading, say it's depression or burn out if you like. I stepped down the elders asked if I just wanted to take time out instead of resigning so be prepared for that. Also the CO wanted to see me, I used to give talks at assemblies and schools and had been given some to do.

All the best, be true to yourself. You ask if anyone has resigned from the platform? Yes a few have, there is even a recording of one if you search on here for Little Toe.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

My father was an elder and I dont know all the details but they thrashed him a bit and finally had to step down when my sister did some stuff and wasnt all perfect, not even baptised.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

It is not worth the misery to yourself and your family just to " know the shenanigans of the society".

Tell the BOE that you need to step down because you have lost your "balance", need to care for the family, are depressed, etc.

• fader77
    fader77

It's just soooo difficult knowing you'll lose all your family and friends. I realize I'm not telling you all something you don't know, but I'm just not as brave a you all maybe. Idk. I just know I can't stay pretending to be an elder.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

PS, Little Toe's talk is one of the most genuine and loving talks I have ever heard from a KH platform.

• fader77
    fader77

I tried searching for the audio of his talk. I found the dialogue of people discussing his exit, but I haven't found the link to hear it. If anyone know's where it is and wouldn't mind linking it here I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit