A "follow up" meeting?!?!

by DATA-DOG 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

A question for TTATTelder:

If you let them think they've saved you, won't that just re-start you back at square 1? When you continue to fade, you'll be right back on their radar again, so I guess I don't see what the advantage is to staying off the radar for a little while now, when it might be better to establish a pattern of not meeting with them. I would think (but could be completely wrong, and that's why I'm asking) that the elders would get to the point that they know you won't meet, so they won't try very hard when the CO comes by or whatever. If you let them think they've saved you, it seems like they'll be more likely to keep trying later on as you continue to fade.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

OEJ could be on to something. alot of it will depend on these particular guys.

You can use the words than engender a certain reaction as well. Be vague. "Waiting on Jehovah" is a great thing. Making sure "you don't go against your Christian conscience" is another. "Making sure of all things" is a good one.

These are all buzz phrases that will make them think you are not a threat.

An EX-JW that served in almost every capacity once told me something that stuck with me.

Jehovahs Witnesses shoot their wounded.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "A 'follow up' meeting?!?!"

The cynical part of me thinks that they're looking to set a verbal trap that'll expose you as an "apostate", to which they'll have "two witnesses" to (maybe because you didn't give 'em enough to "convict" the last visit).

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.......................................................This Thread Is Filled With Fear Of..

...........................................................WBT$ JW JANITORS/ELDERS..

................................................................................................................................................. Image...OUTLAW

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

OEJ,

If the elders are rabid, busy-body, pot-stirrers - there may be nothing that really works to get them off his back.

But this org has the elders jumping through hoops left and right lately. There's another freakin' campaign in August.

I think giving them what they want is the easiest way to slip through the cracks as the elders move into Campaign August, a new service year in September, an upcoming annual meeting, anniversary of the "kingdom", and even more importantly this "Zone Visit" thing I think is in November.

Quit being a squeaky wheel and you get quickly forgotten in all this mayhem.

It is my understanding that DD is still attending a few meetings and such with the Fam doing his fade. He could easily just slip back into the "weak attender" category as opposed to "potential apostate".

I'm also working on the assumption, which I think is correct, that the reason they are visiting him is because of these "doubts" they have heard about - not really because he has missed a few meetings.

-TE

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I guess that makes sense, fading with doubts vs just fading because you're weak and busy or whatever could be a pretty big difference in their eyes. Thanks for the clarification.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Outlaw's spot on!! (as always)

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Just use the SIX MAGIC WORDS: 'I have nothing more to say.' People have a right to remain silent so as not to incriminate themselves in a court of law. So you can apply the same principle to the Elder Visit. Sometimes saying NOTHING is by far the best approach. If they persist, just keep saying the SIX MAGIC WORDS. By the way, remember these words if you are ever questioned by the police. You don't have to tell them anything.

• bigmac
    bigmac

just tellem youve got money problems---then ask them if they can help you out with a loan----do you think you will see them again ?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Here is the hilarious part.... I have had a total of 4 meetings already. So that's 6 "witnesses" that didn't find jack-shit. Now I have two more "witnesses" that "evidently" found jack-shit. So I guess that scripture about "two witnesses" establishing everything is a bunch of shit.

I told them that I am "waiting on Jeehoober.." [ not at a gay bar! LOL!!] Seriously, I went to ONE gay bar. NOTHING HAPPENED! I am an INTJ, I do not form emotional attachments easily, so I am NOT going to do anything in one night!! SHEESH!!!!

DD ( I love you guys )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit