A "follow up" meeting?!?!

by DATA-DOG 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Is my brain supposed to be magically different in 2 weeks?

Yes!!!!!!!

Jehovah's(tm) holy spirit(tm) is supposed to have worked on you and made everything hunky dory.

Just make sure it's not the cult in for the kill shot.

If it were me I'd tell them to p1$$ off......but then it isn't me.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

A follow up meeting??? Good one. More like another anal probing session to make sure Data Dog is on board with the WTBTS program.

How about this, ask them to bring over a copy of the Finished Mystery, so you all can study the book that Jesus read before selecting the WTBTS as his mouthpiece on earth. That should shut them up for a while.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If you use Bolshy words/phrases/attitudes, then you will be marked by the BoE for as long as you are in their cong.

I will VERY soon have to go through the same ritual, but I'm prepared to appear sheepish and compliant - up to a point! I will graciously thank them for their concern and tell them that my problems are so personal & private, I take them to Jehovah in prayer and leave them with Him!

If any jumped-up little toad dares to demand MORE information than that, I'll tell him to open up and tell ME all HIS deepest private concerns - then I'll tell him mine!

These people don't deserve to know ANYTHING about our personal thoughts or lives!

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

Datadog, all good advice, but I wholeheartedly agree with TTATTelder. He's exactly right. Use Theocratic War Strategy on them. Hey... It's their rules! They don't deserve the truth. Just get off their radar and continue working on your fade and family.

And... There may be a cool elder, but there is not a cool body of elders. The body is now looking at you... And the cool elder will have to play along or else they'll turn on him too. They're Pharisees. They're members of a cult. They love to eat their own.

Diffuse the situation quickly. Remind them of Jude 22,23.: "continue showing mercy to some who have doubts; save them by snatching them out of the fire. But continue showing mercy to others, doing so with fear, while you hate even the garment that has been stained by the flesh.". Thank them for their concern. Otherwise, this will absolutely escalate to a JC.

Good luck my friend.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

As some of you know, I had an "encouraging visit" a couple of weeks ago.

Well, now they want a follow up visit! Why?!?! You tell me......DATA-DOG

.............................INACTIVE JW...........................................IT`S TIME FOR DINNER!!..

............................................................................................................................................. Image...OUTLAW

• tornapart
    tornapart

DD... just do what I've done and say you don't want to talk about it. What you think and what you believe is your business and no-one elses. They only have the power that you give them.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Refuse the request for a follow-up visit. You are on your way out of this cult, DATA-DOG, and don't need this speed bump to slow you down. These elders do not have your best interests at heart and only want to hurt you. Put them in your rearview mirror and keep them there.

Quendi

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

It prob hasn't yet, but still could. Many times this next visit is a 2nd-investigation/give-counsel meeting. In other words, they most likely are being sent to give you stern counsel, warnings, share scriptures, pray, yada yada in order to "readjust" you.

Yes, exactly. They are oblilgated to visit you at least twice, per the Shepherding book, using this scripture out of context:

As for a man who promotes a sect, reject him after a first and a second admonition, 11 knowing that such a man has deviated from the way and is sinning and is self-condemned. - Titus 3:10,11

Once the second admonition is given, if you don't respond, they can form a judicial committee. Of course, you are not promoting a sect, which is why this is an out of context application of this verse. In addition, verse 9 talks about "foolish arguments, geneologies and disputes and fights over the Law" which is likely not what you are doing, either.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I guess a question that only you can answer is: what do YOU want out of all of this? If you are not prepared to not be a JW, then you have to placate them.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

One eyed Joes comment regarding that TED talk is spot on. Focus is spot on in that you should fear NOTHING. TTATTelder is spot on about what the situation behind the scenes is.

Honestly, once you have the first meeting, you make subsaquent meetings even harder to get out of. Now if you refuse, it might make it worse. The cool one, will turn as fast as anyone else. Be assured of that.

I like DOC's recommendation to say you are content to wait on jehovah, but you may need to do it in person. Then just don't show up to meetings anymore.

For Gods sake stop telling these guys how you feel man!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit