A "follow up" meeting?!?!

by DATA-DOG 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

As some of you know, I had an "encouraging visit" a couple of weeks ago. Well, now they want a follow up visit! Why?!?! You tell me. When you tell the Elders that you have doubts and they say " Its okay, we have had our doubts. Having doubts is not apostasy. We just to be here if you want to talk, we are family.", and everyone shakes hands and leaves, WHAT IS THERE TO FOLLOW UP ON???

Is my brain supposed to be magically different in 2 weeks? Active Elders/friends, without paranoia or bias, what is your honest take on this? I will give you my honest opinion. I think they are fishing for information as they consider themselves the "spiritual" equivalent of 'The Bloohound Gang." I will tell you this, one Elder is really cool, a normal guy like me. We can joke about boobies, make weenie jokes, drink beer and have actually conversations that don't contain "Slave" or "Jehovah" ever two seconds. I think he was satisfied with the "encouraging visit." The OTHER one.....??

Your thought are welcome. I am leaning towards refusal. These things cause me so much anxiety that I lose sleep. I will literally have a knot in my stomach for days because of this. It's like the Elders are so pre-occupied with getting the demons out of my head, that they have not considered that drilling through my skull is a bad idea.

DD

• happy@last
    happy@last

It sounds to me like they were sent originally to sound you out, they have reported back to the other elders and they have asked them to come back and shepherd beat you some more. Refuse refuse refuse. Tell them it makes you ill and say you'll get back to them if you need any more help

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Even the cool ones can turn on you in a instant.

Cancel visit . They cannot and will not answer your questions .

They might try to see where you got your questions . Are you visiting apostate websites .

They desparately want to blame someone or something and give you a label they can mentally process .

Good luck

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Well, now they want a follow up visit! Why?!?! WHAT IS THERE TO FOLLOW UP ON???

Exactly. Just tell them you've had your visit and there is nothing to follow up on. Just control the situation and decline. They are not trying to help you. They reported back to the elder body and someone smells an apostate. They just want this follow up visit to ask questions to draw you out and make it clear you have different thoughts that they can interpret as apostacy.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Postpone (not reschedule) indefinitely.

Be polite so as not to mess up your fade.

Doc

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey DD, the EXACT same thing has happened with me!

I was called in for a "little chat" that turned out to be two elders! They asked all sorts of things re "spirituality, family study, faithful slave class, new teachings etc..."

I was friendly, but guarded in my responses.

But now they want to "catch up again"

I simply said "what do you want to chat about? Didnt we have a nice chat before? Lets leave it at that. Anyway, how's your family etcetc blah blah.."

So I recommend, take control of the situation in a polite way, but do not agree to anything they arrange! Your time is yours, and you choose how you wish to spend it!

when all that fails, call their bluff! Ask directly "brothers is there a reason you keep trying to meet with me? I'm not comfortable being railroaded like this. Please refrain from causing me any stress as I continue to serve god in these already stressful last days. Please be a 'shelter from the rainstorm', not the cause of it "

• BU2B
    BU2B

They are in for the kill. They want to know if you accept the GB as Gods channel. You are a threat to the status quo. It seems like you (and me too for that matter) have struck out trying to reason with our wives. Perhaps the best thing now would be to keep showig love to our families as best we can, and allow ourselves to get DF. Make it about something stupid like not accepting 607 or maybe make your issue the blood doctrine. Let your family see you get spiritually martryd for having a different, more reasonable view on blood. Let them see how cutthroat and brutal the WT really is. People wont come out of the WT until they are ready, just like a leaf in autumn will ot fall to the ground until IT decides to, no matter how strong the wind blows. Perhaps the jolt your wife needs is to see you get so harshly dealt with and that will serve as her catalyst for leaving.

In many cases when the husband leaves the WT, the wife leaves him. In many other cases, the formerly devout wife can now see the lack of love and how no one cares about her without a "spiritual head" Yes she may be love bombed at first, but that will soon stop. In many cases, the husband leaves, the SHTF and if he can weather the storm, the wife sometimes follows the husband out a year or two later.

How long can we go on attending meetings to pacify our spouses? 1 year more? 2? 5? 10? It wont get any easier the more time passes either.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Data Dog, BU2B and stuckinarut2 seem to have such similar situations going on at present!?!

• Focus
    Focus

DATA-DOG:

These things cause me so much anxiety that I lose sleep. I will literally have a knot in my stomach for days because of this. It's like the Elders are so pre-occupied with getting the demons out of my head, that they have not considered that drilling through my skull is a bad idea

Boy, you still have it bad.

These assh*les are simply lying, uneducated, impotent, ignorant Spiritual-Pedophiliac Wolves. Keep telling yourself that.

Why the f**k should YOU be afraid? THEY should be afraid. Very afraid!

Print out a short copy of my list:

http://www.freeminds.org/history/list.htm

in advance. Get them in the room and lock the door surreptitiously. Start reading it with, and then, to, them - loudly.

Tell them the key to the room will cost them a hundred bucks. If they start to give you a hundred bucks, say sorry they tarried too long for the virgins, and the price is now a grand.

When eventually they call the cops, have a good story ready. The key is advance preparation. If you are smart and play this right, this will go very badly for them. No need to lie, either. They did attempt to sodomise you - just spiritually.

I assure you that you won't see the dirtbags again.

The secret is not feeling sorry for them.

That above is one more truth about The Truth.

__

Focus

("Dealing with Filth" Class)

• BU2B
    BU2B

So true stuckinarut2.. Also Suavojr is in the same position. I have been in this mental hell for over 2 years now and it is starting to affect me physically.

Check out this post from 2 summers ago. Make sure to read to the next page where I continue the story (i was cut off by my panicked angry wife returning with my parents following). I should have stood my ground then and ripped the band aid off, yet here I am, still a prisoner and finding myself resenting my life more and more by the day. I feel anger and fustration like a trapped animal with no good way out. I feel like I am stuck inside a burning building on the 100th floor and my only options are to burn up or jump out.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/230447/1/Worst-Day-of-my-life#.U76MQJUg_IU

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit