The hardship of being a gay Jehovahs witness.

by truthwillsetyoufree 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

I came out while literally running away - it's the worst way to do it!

What pushed me away was the discussion of how disgusting homosexuals were, the abject shock at 'They even have fake weddings - what a mockery of Jehovah's arrangement" etc. etc. and I remember feeling neither disgusting and I never thought of gay weddings as a mockery.. well, OK, I did, but I had been indoctrinated!

A gay wedding I went to recently was the best wedding ever: it was a humanist ceremony, really thoughtful and truly lovely.
    That said, all the couples at that wedding have split up since, except the groom and groom. So I'm sure that means something! ;-)

• steve2
    steve2

Perhaps my biggest mistake when two elders met with me at home to question me about whether I was unapologetically gay was to ask them if they wanted me to give them full-body massages before we began the discussion. Just wondering whether it was a tactical error....

• Quendi
    Quendi

My judicial committee didn't hesitate to ask all kinds of prurient and humiliating questions including whether I had ever had sex with animals. Early on, I would not have been surprised to hear them demand to measure my erection since they had no qualms about asking anything else. It took me some time to realize that these men had no intention of helping me and that they would never reinstate me. But once I did realize that, I seized the initiative: I intimidated them; I verbally assaulted and pushed them around; and I made it clear that I would control our meetings. Our last meeting was one I determined would be the last. I had decided to give them a last chance to grant reinstatement but whether they did or not, I would never meet with them again. When they begged off that five years of meeting me was not enough and they needed more time, I thanked them and never set foot inside a kingdom hall again.

The only reason I sought reinstatement was to resume contact with people I really loved. My plan was to get reinstated and then do a rapid fade. Looking back on the whole experience now, I should have refused to ever meet with the judicial committee in the first place. I did so only after being reassured that the elders wanted to help me--a lie I swallowed hook, line and sinker. Comparing notes with others who have been disfellowshipped has revealed a similar pattern of lies and abuse. So my advice to anybody told that a judicial committee will be formed to look into his case is to withdraw immediately and forthwith and never submit to this completely unchristian and unfair procedure.

I told my committee that a man could be anything in this organization: an adulterer, a murderer, a thief, an alcoholic or substance abuser, a wife beater, a liar and even a pedophile and he could expect a semblance of a fair hearing. But if he confessed to being a homosexual, even if he is only reproved, he can expect to be viewed and treated with disgust and contempt by most in the congregation. The elders will despise him and the details of his situation will not be kept confidential. My committee denied this, but subsequent events proved me right. As I've said elsewhere, I love Jehovah; it is his Witnesses that I can't stand and so there is no way I will ever willingly associate with them again.

Quendi

• Trapped in JW land
    Trapped in JW land

Hey Quendi. I sent a PM a few days ago. Still haven't heard back yet.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

truthwillsetyoufree - stop whining - Gays make more money

if they are male, because they are male, and two males living

together make about four times as much as a single woman

with a child to support, all by herself and she pays for day care

out of her measley wages and is discriminated against for

being a woman, having a child, and is constantly evaluated

on her body shape, breast size, and what shape her ass is, as

men believe these things are her major assests, while they

can be pot bellied, bald and smelly and think they are a

great catch. I have known gay couples who live in luxury

because they are men with two men making male wages

and no children to support and living the high life.

I have also seen single moms struggling in poverty, ever

see gay men struggling in poverty ?

Every see a Single Moms With kids, Pride Parade ?

• rebel8
    rebel8

villagegirl, wow, that is so not compassionate or nice.

Perhaps my biggest mistake when two elders met with me at home to question me about whether I was unapologetically gay was to ask them if they wanted me to give them full-body massages before we began the discussion.

steve2, did you really say that?! lol

whether I had ever had sex with animals.

omg

• Quendi
    Quendi

Hey, Trapped, I sent a reply to your pm on 4 July. I'll re-send it.

Quendi

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Now calm down, calm down villagegirl................there, feeling better?

• Freedom77
    Freedom77

@villagegirl

I have also seen single moms struggling in poverty, ever see gay men struggling in poverty ?

Yup. Here I am. Your question makes me wonder why you feel a need to justify your own (presumably) situation by putting others down or saying their problems don't exist? Just askin'.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

villiagegirl,

Um, you realize it's not the gay guys that are getting these women pregnant, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit