Entertainment for International Delegates

by Listener 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

Bibl3Thumper has posted a youtube of the celebrations that took place for German Delegates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVs6_q7rqps&feature=em-subs_digest

It's hard to believe that they are now using the Kingdom Hall to sing pop songs and for dancing. Nearly the whole congregation ended up on their feet, making noises and swaying about.

I loved the huge convention celebration cake they provided, all inclusive of the Ford Logo prominantely displayed.

Ah yes, this religion transforms itself from the darkness into light in the most glorious and praiseworthy way. This includes bearing huge bags of gifts for the delegates, the privileged ones who are of 'high standing'.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Being an International delegate is to receive the VIP treatment. They all trade goodie bags with bookmarks that have their picture or congregation photo on it. It's like their version of Christmas cards.

• millie210
    millie210

Playing "Happy" by Pharrell Williams, line dance moves that include that old 60s dance move called "the jerk" and all this done on the platform at a Kingdom Hall?

Obviously the standards are relaxing fast.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

The dear drone children singing We Thank You Gehovah at 3 minutes 4 seconds, was all I could take, It was hard at 10 seconds, at 30 seconds, for my edification I held out for 2 min 30 seconds. Sorry. I have a strong constitution, but not that strong.

Thank you for posting though.

LL

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

My gosh we couldn't even take a damn cuppa cawffee into the KH for the FS meeting on a frosty morning! Now they're havin' a dang hootenanny!

Marina

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

After posting and seeing what millie210 wrote ^^^^^ I had to watch.

7:00 minutes in: "Stand By Me".

12:00 minutes in: " Turn Turn ".

16:30 minutes in: "Up On a Roof".

23:50 minutes in: "Stay (Just a Little Bit Longer)".

30:00 minutes in: Like millie210 said... "Happy" with line dancing sisters on the Kingdom Hall platform and little children doing the 1965 dance called 'The Jerk' and the 1964 dance 'The Swim'.

My 2 cents worth, no comment.

LL

^^^^^ All of the singing, playing of instruments, dancing was on the platform at their Kingdom Hall.

Looks like a nu -lite Pentecostal type religion to me too.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

They better do somthing, because they stopped music

and instruments years ago, and now they must be realizing

how dull and depressing their meetings really are. Every

evangelical church has a "Music Team" and every Sunday is

like a rock concert at the big evangelical churches. Next they

need to add coffee and donuts on Sunday and midweek lunches to catch

up to the other churches. Who knows they may even actually

give things to poor people, like a normal main stream church.

Then Sunday school for the kids and summer camps ?

They may even decide to include the name Jesus in their talks.

Naaah thats going too far.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

This is not my religion. . . . I'm just sitting here shaking my head. . . .

• steve2
    steve2

It's no strain love bombing visitors. The true test is sustaining the love over time or towards your own congregation. Love the cover versions. I never thought I'd hear the Goffin/King classic Up on the Roof in a kingdom hall. What next - the Carole King song I Feel the Earth Move? This folks looks like the newly emerging blanding out of the Witnesses. After 2014, there doesn't seem much more they can do.

• Listener
    Listener

What struck me as really ironic was the Sister instructing the whole congregation on the dance moves and all this from the stage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit