Entertainment for International Delegates

by Listener 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Where is the District Overseer?

Packing his bags...he's been pink-slipped.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Oh, the irony!

I was looking up the lyrics for Van Morrison's "Kingdom Hall; they go like this:

So glad to see you
    So glad you're here
    Come here beside me now
    We can clear inhibition away
    All inhibitions
    Throw them away
    And when we dance like this
    Like we've never been dancin' before

Chorus:
    Oh, they were swingin'
    Down at Kingdom Hall
    Oh, bells were ringin'
    Down at the Kingdom Hall
    A choir was singin'
    Down at the Kingdom Hall
    Hey, liley, liley, liley
    Hey, liley, liley, low
    Do do do do do do, do
    Do do do do do do
    Do do do do do do, do
    Do do do do do do

Good body music
    Brings you right here
    Free flowin' motion now
    When we're shakin' it out on the floor
    Good rockin' music
    Down in your shoes
    And when we dance like this
    Like we've never been dancin' before

Repeat Chorus

Down at the Kingdom Hall
    They were havin' a party
    They were havin' a ball
    Bells were ringing out
    And the choir was singin'
    Hey, liley, liley, liley
    Hey, liley, liley, low
    Do do, do do, do do, do do
    Sugar was there
    Did you see Sugar
    Down at the Kingdom Hall

Then I looked down at the comments section, and I found this gem:

Everyone sings at the Kingdom Halls | Reviewer: Ben | 6/12/08

No one dances in the aisles. The meetings are for worship and learning. The songs sung are to praise Jehovah God. So don't let this song mislead you about what goes on at any of the Kingdom Halls. Come and see for yourself that the song by Van Morrison is not absolutely correct and that what is taught at the Kingdom Hall is the Truth from the Bible. You will be amazed that what you will learn from Jehovah's Witnesses at the Kingdom Hall will save your life. Your eyes will be opened to the Truth from God's word the Bible. You'll be telling your loved ones and others about what you have learned.

For a preview of Bible truths that you will learn about go to this website: www.watchtower.org

Read the New World Translation of the Bible online here too.

Ben

I wonder if "Ben" could look at the video of the OP, what would he be saying now? Oh, the irony.

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Kingdom-Hall-lyrics-Van-Morrison/9C4033EC413D4B0248256A3400081326

Eden

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

A DRUM KIT? In the Kingdom Hall?

Songs from Satan's world being sung and danced to? In God's house of worship?

I'm surprised fire didn't come down from heaven and devour them!

*** w10 5/1 p. 31 What is a Kingdom Hall? ***

"So the name Kingdom Hall, which was coined in the 1930’s, appropriately describes the purpose of these buildings—to promote true worship and serve as a hub for the preaching of the “good news of the kingdom.” (Matthew 24:14) Thus, Kingdom Halls are not used for social or commercial activities."

*** w91 12/1 p. 19 par. 13 Practicing Pure Religion for Survival ***

"Jehovah’s Witnesses respect their Kingdom Halls and larger Assembly Halls as places dedicated to Jehovah’s worship. Unlike many churches of Christendom, Kingdom Halls are not social clubs."

Having said that, it was a really nicely-made, souvenir video (OK I didn't watch the whole thing but skipped parts) and it was good to see a little creativity (and there was only a little but hey, it's a typical cong.) and spontaneity, shaking off some inhibitions, displaying more of their natural personality. They need more of those kinds of gatherings at the KH, imho.

• sir82
    sir82

In a Kingdom Hall? Stunning.

If this video went viral among JWs, there would a LOT of "stumbling".

• BU2B
    BU2B

My mouth was literally hanging open as I watched this! This is neither the JW religion of the past, nor is it representative in any way of the day to day reality of JW life with its stale piped in music and dry, boring meetings.

I was shocked to see them play "worldly" music in the kingdom hall when even playing "Here Comes the Bride" is forbidden at JW weddings! You MUST pick only CURRENT KINGDOM MELODIES for the bride to walk in to! Like ADCMS said, even if you were to play something mundane and vanilla like Kenny G at a KH cleaning, heads would roll. NOW THEY ARE PLAYING PHARRELL AT THE KH???? WTF??!! I was amazed to see the way they blended their "holy" music with "worldly" music! I thought this world was headed for destruction? When I was growing up, this would have been considered as a reproach and shameful, undignified behavior for the KH! I dont know what else to say.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Do you guys think this was approved by the GB??? I really am shellshocked

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

No shit Sparlock! That made Jehovah sad! Listen, obey, and be blessed.

zed

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Once I was cleaning the KH and I decided to play my Men At Work CD in the KH's sound system.

An elder came and it was just like I was adoring the golden calf.

In the 90's something like that inside a KH could end in genocide.

I wonder how I would react to this if I was still in. I would play Phineas and the spear. Poor old timers...

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

I'm throwing down my apostate's badge.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

This isn't anything new. They have been entertaining delagates in Kingdom Halls for a while. This is just the first time the United States has experienced it. Times approved by the governing body. In fact a helper to the governing body aka an aspiring GB member attended such an event. I have videos of events that I recorded that make this look like nothing. I would share publically, but I don't wish to blow my cover yet. If you're interested PM me and I will share.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit