Entertainment for International Delegates

by Listener 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Its no different to the stuff that they do at bethel for "family night"....which is a once a year "talent show", when all can bring out their best worldy songs....

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

There are no words...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Van Morrison may have been using Songwriters Licence, because back in his childhood days there would certainly not have been "swinging" or " bells ringing"

Down at the Kindom Hall.

In fact I cannot imagine a place more gloomy and soulless than a Belfast Kingdom Hall in those days.

Perhaps Van the Man is a true Prophet though, and he was looking forward to 2014 ? by which time the religion he experienced had changed several times.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I sent a couple of these videos to a JW I know...here's his response.

Funny, looks inner city..Not my thang,hate line dancing and the churchy emotion .I dont have sound on my Pc in this moment.Will watch later .When we were in Germany the had a Beer gaeden at the double kingdom hall parking lot and brought in 10 kegs of Beer for the delegates and made Bavarian food and we danced until 1:30 in the morning. The whole place was decroated and everyone wore the traditional costumnes. Felt very strange to have stein of Beer at the Hall. A lot of the prudish American's couldn't get into it, but many like me had no problem at all....Looks like the guy posting this video "Context Ministries" is got his own following......Hope he's having as much fun as these people seem to be...

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

the link no longer works. But I found another online. I will post it here. But if you want to keep it for your own purposes, save it quick!

http://m.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/TK892EELFDNUJ01IO

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

June 2014 Detroit International Foreign Delegate …: http://youtu.be/hcj1-XFqBiE

Hopefully that one is working.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

"...a lot of prudish Americans couldn't get into it..." HUH? we don't get into a LOT of fun stuff that is ordinary to non-jw's - because the WT says Jehovah would be sad if we did!

If the WT gb had said it was okay we woulda been rockin' the Halls a long time ago!

Marina

• disfellowshipped1
  • freddo
    freddo

Amazing how they can sing out of "both corners" of their mouths. "Worldly songs" and "Kingdom songs" together. 2 Cor 6 v 15 - Christ and Belial.

So the "High Standing" International Delegates, "Helpers", High Level HQ and Branch Big-Wigs all get to use "dedicated funds" for a party in the kingdom hall.

If I asked the elders in our hall to have congregation party in our kingdom hall for the congregation what do you think their reply would be?

• millie210
    millie210

I would just like to know if this was just one incident, or if this is being sanctioned everywhere delegates are being hosted?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit