IC 2014 talk: "A Century of Kingdom Rule Contrasted With a Century of Satan’s Rule"

by AnnOMaly 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well....it is a cult after all.

DD

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Yes, people live longer today, but what is the point of having a longer lifespan and better health...? 100 years ago, people may have lived 40, 50, 60 years"

Ah for the good old days when all the GB farts would have all died at 40!

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

...Contrasted with 40 Years of GB Rule.

Now JWs have gradually (Dan8:12) become a bad commercial. The success in "Satan's rule" has been installing the illegal, mundane, mythologically based Governing Body of Tyrants. (Dan11:41);

Highlights:

UN NGO Third UN Placement Co-Promotions!

Pedophile Paradise Abuse Network and Guaranteed Future Litigation Ad Infinitum!!

Psychological Torture with the Bethel Inquisition and Dunce-Cap Shunning Crimes!!!

Holy Man Pied Piper Council at Bethel to "Listen [to] and Obey"!!

Flee to FEMA "Egypt"!!

20 Million Stumbled!!!

Spiritual Puppet Show!!

JW Darkness!!!

"Advertise, Advertise, Advertise" the UN NGO and His Kingdom!!!

The Preaching Work Has Ended!!!

Thank You Jay-W'$!! Good Bye!!!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yes, people live longer today, but what is the point of having a longer lifespan and better health when, in most cases, people use those extra years and that extra energy to draw away from God and from our Creator? People use the extra health to offend God with their conduct....now they can reach to their 80s and 90s and now they have 20, 30 or 40 years more to offend Jehovah, to engage in conduct that makes him sad. Is thatprogress?"

We live 50 years longer than we did 150 years ago with comparatively wonderful health thanks to medicine and nutrition. People have so much leisure to pursue things that make them happy but all to no avail because if they don't slave for Watchtower they are making God sad.

The psychological manipulation is scary particularly for children growing up in this religion. You may feel healthy and what you do makes you happy but it's all wrong, wrong, wrong because a made-up person who you cannot even see is being hurt by all this vitality and joy.

And what can we say about the relief work we do to help people when they are victims of wars and disasters?" [Nothing at all. He leaves the question hanging.]

Of course he left it hanging everyone knows they do nothing.

• steve2
    steve2

If you leave some thing hanging for a while ( as this GB nutter did), it asphyxiates and expires. Loving you, GB.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I think the number of languages will become a bigger and bigger boasting point.

They do around 700 atm and aim to grow that to over 1000 in the very short term future. They mention this regularly now at assemblies and Bethal speaker talks. They put it in the context of Google and Wikipedia figures to show how amazing the organisation is.

They have started linking this to the "every tribe, nation and tongue" scripture. I don't know if they will use this to officially say that having jw.org/publications in all these languages means the preaching work is fullfilling prophecy but I am convinced this will be suggested more and more thus implying a truely global preaching work and deflecting criticism away from the fact that at least a billion people (perhaps double that) are never likely to be reached via the D2D, trolley and public preaching work.

• dozy
    dozy

Excellent analysis - thanks.

" now they can reach to their 80s and 90s and now they have 20, 30 or 40 years more to offend Jehovah, to engage in conduct that makes him sad. "

Only the WTBTS could put a negative slant on people living longer and healthier lives. Hmm - what conduct is it all these 80 or 90 year olds are doing that makes Jehovah sad? Are they all snorting cocaine or engaging in wild sexual immoral activity? Most seem pretty harmless to me - the kind widowed old man opposite just had a stairlift fitted as his arthritis is quite bad now but he still loves his garden and has won prizes for his roses and he pops in now and again with some strawberries for the kids. (Having said that , it does annoy me when you get caught behind someone's old Grandmother driving at 20 miles an hour on the open road - now that is conduct that makes me sad. )

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

If you could somehow snap your fingers and take away all the advances made in the past century - technology, civil rights, etc. - Jehovah's Witnesses would cry: "It's the Great Tribulation!"

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Today, homosexual behavior is widely accepted. It seems that the goal is, someday, to make homosexuality widely obligatory."

WTF?

Doc

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

^ At last somebody's picked up on that! That was one of the gems. He made the point that 100 years ago homosexuality was condemned, then it became widely tolerated, then it became widely accepted. Then he ended with the above statement in DoC's post. It actually sounded like "wildly obligatory" but he must have meant 'widely' (he followed by saying today's 'progressive thinking' has gone 'wild'). "WTH?" was my reaction too and I had to rewind a couple of times to make sure I heard right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit