IC 2014 talk: "A Century of Kingdom Rule Contrasted With a Century of Satan’s Rule"

by AnnOMaly 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Shirley - "Ironically, MEPS wouldn't even be necessary had Jehovah™ not confused the languages in the first place."

* snicker *

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

My opinion this was the craziest propaganda laden talk of the entire convention.

If these were two opposing political candidates then I am voting for Satan.

• DJS
    DJS

They are 'owning' 1914 for one reason: to attempt to stave off critics and those who would mock and discredit them. It's a PR strategy. Hillary is doing the same thing right now in an attempt to stave off critics if she runs for president, talking about Benghazi and Monica. And really, they made such a deal out of 1914 how could they not? Trying to hide from it would be obvious, and the critics and late night comedians would have a field day (are they even relevant enough these days for comedians to poke fun at them?)

What have they accomplished other than destroying a lot of familes and ruining a lot of lives. I can't think of anything.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

DJS - "They are 'owning' 1914 for one reason: to attempt to stave off critics and those who would mock and discredit them. It's a PR strategy."

Yup; "100 years of Jesus' rule! Isn't it wonderful?"

It's like Obama when he was campaigning and someone asked if, when he'd tried pot in college, he'd inhaled. He replied, "Isn't that the point?"

Or James Cromwell in A Clear and Present Danger, when asked if he'd known the politician who'd been killed due to his connections to Columbian drug lords. He simply replied, "He was my best friend!"

Silenced the pundits and critics; there was nothing more they could press him for.

• Calebs Airplane
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Ann O'Mally, great thread.

• TG-Jasper
    TG-Jasper

"Advances in technology. Some point to it as proof of things getting better in the world, but is it a good way to measure progress? Technology is used in warfare to kill and maim; used for entertainment that offends Jehovah, e.g. games, videos, websites featuring graphic sexual immorality, gruesome violence. "Technology is not a good way to measure progress in this world. The world is not getting better.""

Oh yeah, because the WT's literature doesn't have graphic descriptions of gruesome violence (including in their stories for children).

"We only had one Watchtower but now we have Public and Study editions. "That is progress. Things are getting better among Jehovah's people." Awake magazine, Kingdom Ministry - didn't have these 100 years ago."

What...another fucking watchtower? Maybe it's because they don't want the public to read the horrific things in the study addition until they're at least partly sucked in.

"Changes in civil rights, racial equality. Now people are more accepting, more open-minded, more tolerant. Some changes are for the better BUT "adultery - accepted; pre-marital sex - widely accepted." "Today, homosexual behavior is widely accepted. It seems that the goal is, someday, to make homosexuality widely obligatory." (Isa 5:20,21 - 'woe to those saying good is bad, bad is good' etc.)"

Oh no, we can't let people have rights!

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

My reaction to the OP and the WTS's assessment: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I KNEW obligatory homosexuality was right around the corner.

KH here I come back to ya baby!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit