The Society is no longer printing hardcover books.

by kneehighmiah 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Like WTWizard said, just get a regular calender without having to print one. In fact, it's cheaper just to buy a calendar at places like The Dollar Tree. Hell, you can even get a paperback bible there.

LRG

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

we were told to place our order for daily text books, calenders , yearbooks, bound volumes and the Watchtower Lbrary cdrom before the 1st of July. Nothing was said about downloading and printing.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Better, get the worldly calendars complete with all the lunar phases and holidays.

Personally the Sports Illustrated calendar is really great. I never really noticed, but since they call it a calendar , it probably includes the days of the month and other calendar-related stuff.

Rub a Dub

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

My paperback songbook is falling apart after a few years . My previous hardback of the old songbook lasted for perhaps 20 years . I have to get a new songbook ( for songs that I never sing anyway, I just stand up when the others do but you need a songbook to look the part ) ..Anyway, it is false economy.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They are still printing Hardcore nonsense.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My paperback songbook is falling apart after a few years . My previous hardback of the old songbook lasted for perhaps 20 years . I have to get a new songbook

BLUES, you know you're not thinking like a spiritual man -- Armageddon is most certainly going to come before that new paperback songbook wears out.

Doc

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Effective September 2014, new style for WTS publications:

The new plan, according to sources high up in the bindary dept, effective with the 2014-2015 Service Year, the US WTS Branch will now be producing all publications (except tracts, magazines & brochures) to fit into 3-ring, loose-leaf binders. This is perhaps one of the biggest cost cutting and environmentally friendly adjustments in WTS history.

This will allow individual pages to be re-printed (vs. the entire publication) when New Light is released from above, thus allowing just the page with the old view to be removed & repaced with the new page.

With all of the current changes going on, millions of trees will be spared. (Publishers will have the option of using binders of any style they choose to purchase. However, sisters will not be allowed to punch the holes in new pages for the Elders' Book.)

Doc

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

when New Light is released from above, thus allowing just the page with the old view to be removed & repaced with the new page

Wouldn't it be easier to use disappearing ink?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

kneehighmiah - "So what exactly are they spending all their money on?"

Strippers and blow?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit