The Society is no longer printing hardcover books.

by kneehighmiah 54 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

This screams evolution towards a denomination to me - or else, just 'we don't give a sh*t anymore' (except for money).

Seriously, they can't sacrifice a few bucks to print calendars and daily texts? Things that help Witlesses 'stay strong in the truth'? Stuff that reminds them of their religious identity?

I have long known that the Watchtower doesn't care about people. What is so remarkable here is that they now don't care about people being Witnesses - except for donations.

metatron

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think they are barely bothering to TRY to look like they are serious anymore about the religion. The content is ridiculous-the 'study edition' is a joke. 15 minutes keeps you counted as a publisher, they are baptising more children than ever. . . its like they don't even bother to PLAY at being sincere. (Speaking of the top leadership decisions). What are the old timers (my age, my mom's age) thinking after years of devotion to this whole idea that they are the only ones preaching/teaching/yada yada.?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

How are they going to keep all those Bethelites busy?

• Focus
    Focus

'we don't give a sh*t anymore' (except for money).

I have long known that the Watchtower doesn't care about people. What is so remarkable here is that they now don't care about people being Witnesses - except for donations.

Ah. The penny only dropped for you now?

At the time of the pedophile founder of the cult, Charles Taze "pack her off to Australia" Russell, Watchtowerinsanity was more about procurement of young girls then about money. Money came second to the Spiritual Octopus Class (a reference to his line of defence in the "Rose" incident during his divorce)

J.F.Rutherford wasn't interested in rape, only in power, money and alcohol. The "Beth Sarim" Class.

Nathan Knorr had a foot in each camp. He liked checking the male organs of (very) young Bethel new-joiners, but he also liked the powerful organization that money enabled him to set up.

After that it has exclusively been about money.

Do try to keep up, metatron.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Still no copy of BOE letter re: no longer printing hardcover books! Whats' up with that?

• blondie
    blondie

Within the last year, what books was the WTS only printing in softcover?

This doesn't count the long stockpiled hardcover books in each congregation's inventory (some with yellowing paper still)

Are some NWTs printed as specialty items in hardcover?

Do jws still get their NWTs rebound in hardover at their own expense?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Why print anything at all? ... especially when there is a complete library of wholesome family videos ready for quick download...

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Why stop at Calendars and Daily Texts? In the developed world, why not stop printing The Kingdom Ministry and the JW only Watchtower?

Why not get your daily text message via the JW.org and/or sent automatically to your cellphone?

Instead of sending donations to the Society, why don't congregations in richer countries just print their own leaflets and tracts for the door to door work? Get them printed at your local printing shop.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Seriously, ditto what metratron says:

'Seriously, they can't sacrifice a few bucks to print calendars and daily texts? Things that help Witlesses 'stay strong in the truth'? Stuff that reminds them of their religious identity?'

That's why you all need to read the BOE letter itself. It comes across rather demanding to the rank and file. Sort of like ....'Don't even order the bound volume Awake and Watchtower unless you really, really, really need them!'

WT expects even the poor and those on limited income to have the latest expensive devices to access the internet and then have the latest copy printers to run their own copies.

That's Mother for you! And this after we've given Mother a monthly allowance to do just that....feed us spiritually!

• Focus
    Focus

Is the retarded suit-clad kid above in his senses?

He looks as if he's masturbating (which can lead to homosexuality, as the WTS has repeatedly warned) but he hasn't quite grasped the issue of "how".

If You Know what I mean...

--

Focus

("Onan" Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit