The Society is no longer printing hardcover books.

by kneehighmiah 54 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

So let think about what is left for the WT Corporation to make money on, yes capitalize on their almighty authority and rob the Congregations of Milions of dollars in a blink of an eye, with a simple pledge of loyalty to the cause(WT's Coffers/WorldWideFund).

How do you think this is going to look on the WT's Books when they get an independant audit? What independend audit people can be paid off to give a positive report? Not very likely, these guy's on the GB have some serious explaining to do that is out of their league of sloppy dumbfounded CEOs.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Anyone have a copy of this BOE letter?

Boy, it wasn't but a few years ago that WT was disapproving of JWs purchasing and spending too much time on electronic divices such as ipads, cell phones, smart phones and personal computers.

I remember at a recent DC where a blockhead elder was strongly discouraging spending too much time using these divices. He even went so far as to pull out of his folder a picture of an ipad and wave it around and said how......BAD, BAD, BAD and adicting and expensive these divices were.

And now WT (in this BOE letter) is telling JWs that much of the day to day JW paper literature such as Awake and Watchtower bound volumes, year books, daily texts, calendars and the like will only be avialable via one of these electronic devices. It's as though they are now strongly urging everyone to get on board with the latest electronic devices.

Just like a hooker who can't remember who she last slept with...one minute WT is saying one thing and then the next minute they are contradicting themselves.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

No hardcover books? Sounds appropriate.

Their teachings lack any firmness. So it's appropriate that their books are all limp.

No standing erect there. It's just flapping in the breeze.

• factfinder
    factfinder

sir82- don't forget the Organized to Do Jehovah's Will book from 2005-it is also hardcover (cardboard copy).

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

A recently enrolled for a few courses at a Public University and noticed a similar trend. My "books" were pages sealed in a wrapper. I was expected to buy a 3 ring binder. This is a major traditional University. It all goes to cost cutting. The funny part is my books still cost $200-$300 each.

All the Society needs to do is eventually eliminate their biggest expenses. They don't pay taxes, except perhaps impact fees on new buildings, and no real major labor costs.

Eliminate/Reduce all Printing ----- Go Digital

Limit Liability

Invest donations in Buildings/Land

Reduce Energy Costs/Sustainability Invest -------- solar panels, wind power ect..

I would even eliminate COs----- Make sure all KH have WIFI and stream talks from New York. The last one would be what I think will eventually happen.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

What a cheap religion the Watchtower has become.

• steve2
    steve2

From back bone to spineless: Soft covers for soft teachings.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well, they don't want the books to be around too long do they? Nothing worse in the shifting sands of WT "theology" than to have pesky old timers with the old books that prove what they used to say. These will soon fall apart and disappear, so when they change whatever the equivalant of a c/d rom will be - nobody will know..........

• Quendi
    Quendi

The remarks of ADCMS and BluesBrother are proof of the "invisible ink" the WTS plans to use. No paper-and-ink books mean no paper-and-ink trail to nail them on their sham theology. When you think about it, this is a brilliant and underhanded way of covering their tracks. The WTS is already revising some of their electronic publications so that they don't have the original text which appears in the hard copy versions. Going completely electronic would be a logical next step for it is doubtful that many publishers would retain a backup copy of the original files. They would simply download the revisions and just keep on marching in lock-step with the Governing Body, all the while cooing about the wonderful "blessings" and "new light" Jehovah is lovingly providing. Beneath the benign appearing velvet glove of concern is the iron fist of control and obfuscation.

Quendi

• Focus
    Focus

So what exactly are they spending all their money on?

1. A really nice country club in Warwick

2. pedophiles

3. cheesy DVD's using the world's worst actors

:-)

Right, Shirley, what did you post as a decade ago?

You must have been one of my students. Perversion of the above sort is uncommon.

I can, however, add to your list.

They are spending their money making very long-term investments. Even if the poor victim jWs don't have a clue, the GB and other Prominent members of the criminal gang are planning for 2050 and onwards. They know there's no Armageddon.

The scam is basically as I explained it to Alan Feuerbacher. "Perpetual Round-the-Cornerism," it is, while actually feathering one's own nest for distant times.

--

Focus

("Cherub-Pharisee" Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit