The Society is no longer printing hardcover books.

by kneehighmiah 54 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

This sends a clear message: F**k You!

Can I make it any clearer than that? This agrees with other evidence I recently ran into with regard to the Society's attitude towards small, weak congregations. Got contributions and good numbers? We'll help you. You don't? Well, F**k you.

Things are changing. The sad thing is the obsequious, servile, compliant attitude of Witness Pollyanna's who see love and growth where none exists, as if they were the children of an addicted, uncaring parent.

metatron

• Focus
    Focus

metatron, you are as right now as you were a decade ago. These Spiritual Eunuchs who run the WTS have no shame.

btw, I am revelling in my status as conferred upon me by members of the "Babbling Ignoramus" Class. Apparently, I am a

troll

who knows nothing, or at least nothing of value, about the Watchtower. Or so I was informed on another thread.

__

Focus

("Persecution Points, lol" Class)

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I don't see what the big deal is. They're a printing company in a time where the printed page is dying. They're just doing what any other corporation in their position would do - Evolve. It's no secret where the money is going. New technology, more real estate and continuing legal battles.

• blondie
    blondie

Just remember we are talking about an organization that demonized the internet and computers when other companies were jumping on board. Pushing their own website jw.org has just really been in the works...making publications available on line. The WTS may pride themselves on being forward looking in technology because of the slide show in the 1900's and using radio, but they never really embraced television.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

They were definitely slow to the punch Blondie. No doubt about that.

• Focus
    Focus

They were definitely slow to the punch Blondie. No doubt about that.

And let's thank 'em for it. They left the field open to the apostates, including the particularly demonized ones such as Kotwal and I.

Millions Now Living Would Otherwise Have (Spiritually) Died had they been prompt.

They've only made progress where the internet hasn't penetrated sufficiently.

__

Focus

("Kill the old Whore!" Class)

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Blondie: Just remember we are talking about an organization that demonized the internet and computers when other companies were jumping on board.

I know for sure they did that but I'd love to have a quote from one of the publications on hand when I point this out to those who are so impressed by JW.org and the WT society being so progressive.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Metatron: The sad thing is the obsequious, servile, compliant attitude of Witness Pollyanna's who see love and growth where none exists, as if they were the children of an addicted, uncaring parent.

That's such an articulate and accurate way of describing so many JW's today.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Either :

everybody to take the emblems irrespective of hope (already hinted in a witch tower study)

or:

blood to become a conscience issue, backdate with appropriate ambiguous quotes from earlier litterature to avoid lawsuits.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Sorry , I thought I was on the thread about the big shocking change in autumn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit