This new JW video is so stupid that it has to be a troll

by Pacopoolio 52 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

One of the big points in this video is "how did you FEEL when you were practicing wholeheartedly?!"

That's an interesting point.

Because when you are actively involved and following like a good sheeple shoule, you have the automatic love and affection of everyone else. That's bound to FEEL GOOD. It's only after you stray off the path or ask the wrong questions that the shit hits the fan. Then you risk have the whole lot do a 180 degree about-face against you.

Doc

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Apognophos: Pacopoolio could not have seen the video if he attended the RC because they only played a trailer for the video there.

So is this a teaser for a video to be released later? Could you please clarify?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Paco apparently saw the whole video somewhere, because he knows the plot. I only saw the teaser or trailer, while attending the RC. It only hinted at a few of these things, like the car accident, but didn't describe the plot (being edited for dramatic impact and intrigue rather than to provide a summary of the film, like any decent trailer).

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Maybe they're only showing the whole thing at the International Conventions.

• tidalblitz
    tidalblitz

The story of this videos sounds eerily similar to a drama from 2 years ago. In fact, I'm 100% certain that this is the case. So is Watchtower making videos of previous dramas now?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Pacopoolio - "When I left in the late 90s, they were still focused on 'trying to prove everything with facts'."

I remember those days.

It was in the early 2000s I started suspecting that the WTS had been cooking the facts to shore up the ideology. Unfortunately for them, I've always believed that if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, they don't really deserve to be defended.

• sir82
    sir82

Just to clear up confusion:

A "dramatic new" drama video was released at the convention on DVD. The plot is as described in the OP.

This new 66 minute DVD was NOT shown at the RCs.

But they DID show a 2 minute Hollywood-style "trailer" of the DVD during the RC.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

"yes, all of these other things make sense, but ignore them all, emotional appeal, everyone is happy in the end!" This is literally what they're producing now.

even the magazines follow this same model of appealing to emotion in the face of undeniable fact. maybe a 3 years ago there was an article on space and the big bang and evolution. The argument was basically if the universe wasn't created by Jehovah then our lives are without greater purpose. Can you imagine?!

there is no sense trying to argue with science cause there is just too much evidence out there. Too much flow of information. They can't debate science and win so they appeal to emotion. It's all they have left..... scare the shit out of their believers.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The daughter cannot find herself a man in da troofies? CRAP. WRONG WRONG WRONG!

Just find a brother who is away from home for a few days. He will be fizzing from sexual desire, and she can save him from becoming queer, or less terrible, a pedo by getting him to marry her, maybe at least after she already had him stick it inside her.

Disagreeing with me on this is BAD BAD BAD.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

wallsofjericho - "They can't debate science and win..."

Seeing that inability to prevail for what it really was was one of my red flags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit