This new JW video is so stupid that it has to be a troll

by Pacopoolio 52 Replies latest jw friends

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Wonder why there's never videos about the WT in court for their policies on child abuse. LOL

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

And the JW Thomas Roman family lived happily ever after!

I thought the WTBTS' aim was on dispensing truth!

The truth of the matter is a very high percentage of JW families can relate to the problems depicted in this video of raising teenage children...that's a given.

What a high percentage of JW families cannnot relate to is a delightful ending to their own problems in raising a family.

The truth of the matter is divorces, separations, broken families, youth walking away from the 'Truth', disfellowshippings and shunning is the norm in JW world. Even suicides are the norm among JWs!

The very sad part to this video is that it will leave a high percentage of JW parents whose grown children have already broken away wondering..."where did we as parents go wrong"?

The strange and bizarre thing of it all is that many of these failed parents are now serving as roll models in the 110,000+ congregations as elders, ministerial servants and pioneers.

What JW families need to succeed as parents is not 'family worship night' as highlighted in this video. JW parents for decades have been encouraged to study & drill WT doctrine into their children and still JW family life is riddled with problems.

What JW families need to succeed as parents, first and foremost, is to have the WT itself ease up on its harsh and unloving disciplinary teachings. My bet is that then and only then will you have the outcome that Thomas Roman and his wife had in raising their children!

• SAHS
    SAHS

I have seen the entire video. They released the DVD at our convention on Sunday, June 15, 2014, and my dad picked one up. My folks and I saw it together. (I can’t remember the title of it. It’s at home, and I’m out right now.) I noticed that this DVD video, as well as last year’s (2013) video called “The Prodigal Returns,” slyly tries to foster a general fear of “the world” around us.

A common theme of these new Watchtower videos is that normal and innocent things – such as dating, music, recreation, association with friends, leaving home, education, knowledge, secular work, etc. – are put in a dangerous or even negative light. For example, the message in the Prodigal video is that leaving home and focusing on making a living always leads to disaster. This latest 2014 video touches on – and, of course, vilifies – casual friendly relationships with the opposite sex, popular music (you know, the kind with that heavy low beat), and parents each holding down a secular job. And, of course, it presents the “desired” goal of “moving to serve where the need is greater” (i.e., the couple who rents the downstairs in the latest video).

This type of operant conditioning (brainwashing) is somewhat subtle and covert to those still on the inside the Watchtower religion, but it becomes rather obvious to those outside. Once you can zoom out and see the whole forest from above, it becomes quite obvious what they’re up to – i.e., push, push, push the doctrine, policy, and, um, “suggestions” of the tower. Yes, to the Watchtower Society, “normal” can only be “normal” according to the rules of their game.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Ok, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I gotta see this load of trash, just for curiousities sake of seeing how bat-sh*t crazy they have become. I mean seriously, I didn't think they could top that Atlanta Convention "Time of your life!" video, but maybe I'm wrong?

Someone please upload this to youtube with the comment section enabled so people can voice their opinions on it. We gotta see this brainwashing first hand. Ugh!!

- Wing Commander

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The title of WT's new low-budget video on family life is....'These Words Must Be On Your Heart'.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I saw where that video was on you tube but now taken down.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Maybe the father should've told the story about Fred Hilmo falling asleep at the wheel and killing his wife on the way back to Watchtower Farm.

Actions do indeed have consequences.

Working hard in your career and being responsible often lead to happiness and prosperity.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have not and will not watch it. I told the wife that it was a JW after school special. I told her to stop comparing our real lives with a fake Dubywood family.

DD

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"The story of this videos sounds eerily similar to a drama from 2 years ago. In fact, I'm 100% certain that this is the case. So is Watchtower making videos of previous dramas now?"

I think it was a live drama at the last DC I attended. I'm thinking it was more like 3 years ago. But that's the same plot. They've made several previous dramas into videos.

Crap like this is fine for strengthening the believers, but I don't think it makes a dent in the doubters. It sure motivated me to head for the nearest exit.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Billy,

If a drama is a "hit" as they say, they go in and make a video of it for release a couple years later. I think this was the 2011 drama more or less.

Yeah, I knew my mind was bending toward the light, when I noticed that never were any reational thoughts or argumements ever addressed. A worldly person just made sense for a second, but all we did was ditch that guy to the curb, because he was not going to fit into the grand path.

Evidence? Reasoning? 2 sides to a story? Naaaaaaahhhh. Who cares. Just do what we say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit