Accusing Ex-JWs of Behaving Like JWs Should be Taboo

by cofty 447 Replies latest members private

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Cofty - How many years were you an Elder, sitting in on Judicial Commitees ?

Before you became a born-again Christian active in the Evangelical Church ?

And now an, "I can prove for a fact there is no God" holier than thou, born-again Atheist ?

How many pedophiles did you protect from the police ? It had to be a few.

• cofty
    cofty

VG - I was an elder for only a few years, it would be less than 5 but I don't remember the dates. I never dealt with a pedo. I am proud of my personal integrity as an elder but I think you may have mistaken me for somebody who desires your approval.

I can prove that any particular god does not exist - the omniscient, omnipotent, loving god of christian theism for example.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"holier than thou, born-again Atheist"

It isn't holier-than-thou to simply and repeatedly point to the scientific evidence about the nature of the universe. If someone demonstrates some contempt now and then, well, right back at you! There's plenty of contempt around here, too much, in my opinion.

• DJS
    DJS

VG,

Why so angry? I was an elder as well and never sat in on or discussed any pedophile cases in my congregation. I also never heard rumors of any in the past at my congregation or any others. You paint with a broad brush. These cases obviously existed, but I was never aware of any. Why do you assume we all protected pedophiles?

The atheists on this site rely on data and facts. They repeatedly challenge theists to provide the same and will quickly - and rightfully - dismember tepid, shallow arguments devoid of facts. Why do you take such exception with them?

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Those who pride themselves on being "brutally honest," are much more interested in being brutal than honest.

zed

• cofty
    cofty

I love you too Zed - in a manly sort of way.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So what do we say when someone IS acting like A judgmental JW?? Its really hard to shake the indoctrination. If someone does not bring something to your attention, isn't that a disservice?? Is there a nice way to call a spade a spade????

DD

• cofty
    cofty

DD - Did you miss the OP?

and this one...

• jgnat
    jgnat

I know it annoys Simon no end to be accused of acting like a JW...when someone is booted from this site.

• minimus
    minimus

Some exjws still have the JW mentality and that's a fact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit