Your final WTF? Moment!

by restrangled 79 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

-----> Stumbleline ... I am so sorry that happened to you.

I have read other people's JC, and they more or less say the same thing.

Personally, I would like to hear from Elder's if they sat in on JC's and heard other Elder's asking such deep and unnecessary probing questions.

There is no reason for this.

Does this mean there is a percentage of Elder's that are perverts?

LL

PS I have already discussed my WTF moment. I chimed in to lend Stumbeline support.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Wow, James Woods I have a similar experience. The very first thing I became aware was the use of the name 'Jehovah' in the new testament. More precisely, I asked myself "Why there is so few mentioning of Jehovah in the NT?". Then I read the appendices in the NWT where the society tried to explain the reason why they replaced 'lord' with 'jehovah' in many places throughout the NT.

Then I had this physics teacher - a baptist - in high school who had studied with the jws back in the '90s. He explained to me why he didn't continue the bible study with jws and pointed out the organ transplant and vaccine prohibitions in the past. I'll need to thank him one day; he made me think more about the teachings of the wt. Fun fact: I wanted to show him that he was wrong so I started to make more research.

But I didn't have a final WTF moment. It all comes down to the fact that I realised that the existence of the Bible's god is a ridiculous thought.

My process of awakening is due to the fact that I know the WT teachings are false, I also know that god is an invention of humanity.

By the way, it's funny how jws tend to discuss this same topic except they are telling each other the reason why they beleive in the Truth™®.

• dycerulz
    dycerulz

For me it was the generation teachings but the final straw was looking at my son. I recall a talk being given about a sister who would walk miles just to get to a meeting. One day she prayed for help because the slippers she used were worn and were coming apart. Then it happened. Her slippers finally broke but on the way home she found boxes and boxes of shoes which also happened to be her size.

Now, the looking at my son part. My son is Autisic. At times he hits himself in the face. So one day I'm just holding him preventing him from hitting himself while thinking about the sisters who would get upset because he wouldn't be still even though we were sitting in the back listening over a speaker. Then the lady with the slippers came to mind.

I was thinking, how in the hell is Jehovah going to give this sister shoes to make it to meetings and not help my Autistic son when my family and I are always at meetings. Then the flood gates opened to the Generations teachings or should I say its past teachings, Blood flip flops, 1914 date, 1975 date, finding out why Rutherford build that place in 1929, I mean the list can go on and on. Anyway, I guess like all, we have all had several WTF moments

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

My Final Straw was the 'Special Talk' in 2008 delivered by an 'Annointed' Elder. It was absolutely THE most boring talk I had heard. And there was NO effort to make it warm and appealing to any 'interested pubic' folks who might have been enticed to attend. The audience was constantly flipping Bible pages to look up every scripture. If any newcomer had been present they would have felt totally lost and unwelcome. That for me was the final display of obtuseness that made be quit attending.

• Fernando
    Fernando

When 3 hostile and contemptuous elders confirmed that their "righteousness" was not imputed (as a free gift per the liberating gospel message).

Years of sincere prayers didn't result in the promised strength.
    One day I concluded: OMG, nobody is listening!

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Some very moving posts here guys.

My heart was especially moved by talesin's & dycerulz's posts.

I was a gay JW teenager in the 1970's..............not sure how I'm still here either.

Love you guys

Hoab

• Apognophos
  • adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I had many WTF moments like others; especially the 1995 WT on 1914. That same year I graduated highschool and got a retail job. I was working overnights at this store in FT Myers, FL in 1999. I was only making $9.95 an hour but I met these two brothers working the same shift. One looked like he was in his 60's and the other late 40's early 50's. They were making around the same as me and was trying to support their family. They were nice men but I couldn't imagine struggling as an old man and not have a pot to piss in.

I was only in my early twenties then and had contributed to my 401k and IRA. Neither of these men knew nothing about retirement accounts or investing. I had more saved at 22 then they had at 50 and 62 combined. Now these men, if they are alive, are 65 and 77.

The relentless attacks on higher education and pursuing a career was it for me. I'm sadden from the personal stories I've read here of those who gave up their dreams in the 60's and 70's. Now they are older and feel they've been cheated.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

restrangled:

Even though I had several rude awakenings over the years, the definitive WTF moment was their 1995 changed teaching on generation. I knew then it was over and that we were all made fools by this religion. It took a few years but I did a "fade". Sorry, I didn't do it sooner.

Stumbeline:

I never had the "honor" of being in a JC and would never attend one now. It would have been sufficient enough to just have said you did the deed. The idea of reciting what I did physically with a man to OTHER men is something that I would never do. This is unnecessary, perverted and sadistic in my opinion. While I imagine you were young and didn't know any better, I can only hope that nobody older would fall for this. These men would have spit hanging from their faces if they ever asked me this.

TO LURKERS:.. At least in the Catholic religion you are in a confessional where the priest doesn't know you and the priest doesn't ask those kind of details. Anybody who "confesses" to these fake confessors in the JW religion should ask themselves if what they have told them will remain confidential. Well, guess what? It isn't.

All you have done is give uneducated, unprofessional, untrained men dirty pictures in their minds and something to masturbate about. That means that every time one of them looks at you this will come into their mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit