Your final WTF? Moment!

by restrangled 79 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

It was a long time coming for me.....when I read about the extened generations, after being raised on1914 being the be all end all, and millions would never die....that was the end. I was part of the 1975 fiasco, the 6 month only truth book studies, suffered through a disifellowshipping and their version of a rewind. Out, in and out. I finally am free and hope others can eventually look IN instead of inside looking out! What a relief......its all a farce, a horrible farce!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I was having serious problems when the Panorama story hit, that was the final straw.

I researched child sexual abuse in the WT and was convinced that the WT was lying.

Once you realize they will lie about that subject, and resist change, it is hard to think of them as being even morally neutral; they are corrupt and evil.

• BobFlanagan007
    BobFlanagan007

1914 and it's over lapping generations was also my final WTF wake up moment. Even though I'm out they still manage the odd shock such as their recent claim not to be creationists or the sickeningly heartless way they dealed with the local(ish) Johnathan Rose paedophile scandal.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I have posted it here before, but for me it was the bogus insertion of the name "Jehovah" all through the New Testament of their New World Translation Bible.

This was in 1970, and I had to actually go into old documents at a university library to realize the fraud.

I had happened upon a Church of Christ pastor who was a college professor who hinted it to me and caused me to do the research.

I mentioned it the next year to Bert Schroeder (later on the G.B.) and he basically told me - "go play in the street little boy, we know better than you".

It took another ten years to finally make the break, but that one was the one that put me on the street.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

The final straw that got me past the fear of looking at appostate sites was the generational overlap BS. The thing that convinced me that it was definitely a cult was when I was looking at jwfacts and saw the mis-quotes in the creation book that are no different than out-right lies.

• snowbird
    snowbird

My estranged husband would fill my tank every Friday evening, and by Sunday evening it would be empty again, what with all the "Kingdom" activities I had to attend to over the weekend.

He asked, "Are you being reimbursed for this?"

That was it for me.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Once I started looking..............

....there was that snowball effect.

Doc

• cofty
    cofty

The Watchtower that lied about the naos/heiron temple thing.

It was the moment I knew it wasn't about mistakes it was about lies and deception.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

For me it was when I realized what I had suspected long ago: that "God's Organization" was embarassingly human. "Crisis of Conscience" did that for me. The rest just followed when I allowed myself to research outside the WT box.

Eden

• Quandry
    Quandry

One of the things that really got to me was the 1995 generation change. The generation were now people who saw things happening but did not "mend thier ways." I also was around in 1975, and had swallowed the gobbledygook that spewed out when they blamed JWs for reading things into what the WTS said. But I had studied the "Truth Book" which had clearly stated that those of an age of understanding in 1914-the great tribulation would be "the generation."

When the 1995 change came out, I remember sitting at the KHall, looking at others around me, and noting that the WT study was "business as usual" as if nothing new had happened. I spoke to my husband about it. He was an elder, and the WT conductor. I remember having an uneasy feeling that I was "questioning" and shouldn't do this, but couldn't reconcile the "new light." Inside I began to have a queasy feeling....how I wish I had gone with that gut feeling then, but hung on for some years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit