Your final WTF? Moment!

by restrangled 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

My moments were when people rely on the WT for everything that they do, think and believe.

The 2007 KM about study only their materials, then the 4/2010 KM about audio files. It is not about helping people but about dependance on the GB.

Then I put together that they do everything for money - for example the constant deficits for the Circuit assemblies, the guilting of the people and what amounts to francise fees because of the donations of the WWW. Everything is designed to get people to the meetings, to be dependant on the arrangement, and then to donate.

I became inactive when I concluded that field service is a complete waste of time. Do a little door to door, stop at break, then do a few return visits. What a waste of time and resources.

The constant use of Bible characters as illustrations to where I got tired of the Bible.

Then the 5/15/2012 W where it said that if one gets married to an unbeliever that one is disobedient to Jehovah. What does it mean to marry only in the Lord, to them? The person would have to study either the Truth book, or Live Forever, or Knowledge or Bible Teach books. All books written by the Watchtower Society. And then get baptized at Watchtower arranged assemblies, and then go to their meetings. That spells cult.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

My first one was realizing that we were wrong on blood. It took me a few years but that was the beginning. It clearly meant we were also murderers, hypocrites, and cowards.

I remained an MS for my wife, and to try to do good from the inside. But my real aha monent was when I realized that simply wasn't possible. Everytime I spoke up for the little guy, or for somethign that was wrong, or just was authentic in any way......I was smacked back down.

So one day a light went off that basically said this ex-CO is nothing but a d-bag that same way any person is. I immediately took control of my life and time, refusing to do what I was "told", and getting removed while basically saying "whatever you are doing get it done more quickly". I didn't care about the title, and I wanted out. They couldn't believe the golden boy was going out this way.

My final meeting.....I was randomly counseled in front of visitng elders (5 elders and me.....and it wasn't even a JC) about intelligence being a source of uneccesary pride, not studying the NWT translation for the purpose of debate (the infamous KM) AND THE BIG ONE.......not respecting "LORDSHIP".

The ex-CO went on about respecting Lordship. It was simply unbelievable.

So it started with doctrine, smoothed out by hypocricy, and the cherry was douchbaggery.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WOW. So many good moments. I just knew the 1995 generation change was to buy time. The years passed with NOTHING happening and I was getting older. Reading at JWfacts.com and fact-checking what was said with the actual literature I found ( The Harp of God, ect...) was very eye-opening. Then I read COC and actually read the Bible.

Then a couple meetings with Douche bag Eldubs and nice but deluded apostate boogeyman fearing Eldubs sealed the deal.

• kaik
    kaik

I grew up with it. Last month my mom asked me what caused me to leave the "Truth" I said it was the study of the book of Revelation. We studied around 1991-1992 and I could not accept the amount of BS that was in that book. The stories of some assemblies in far away distant country like OH, USA in 1920's compared to the events of the Revelation and other nonsense. I looked around KH and everyone was wow, that is awesome. This was my mental break from man proclaimed truth. Later I was able to find out about the 1925 fiasco and I knew that WT is full of lies.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

now that I know TTATT I am embarrassed that I would go around on members of the public trying to convince them that I had the truth, when there was all this crap about the organization on the internet. I just wish I had the courage to go and apologize to them.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sitting in an elders meeting and realising it was more about politics than looking after the spiritual needs of the flock.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

The Revelation book did it for me too.

It was scheduled to be 'studied' at the groups for a third time & I thought I just cannot take that crap anymore.

Just utter nonsense the way they connected the 1922 Ohio assemblies to the trumpet blasts of Revelation & the winged creatures with scorpion tails to the stinging message of the Wathctower magazines.

Now I know the GB are just deluded men fighting to maintain their comfortable lifestyle at the top of a printing business........that's all they are. They no longer have authority over me & my faith.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

Problemaddict! Your post could have been written about me!. It was and is exactly my situation...almost to the letter!

Good to know we are not alone in all of this!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The spur to make me research on the Internet was the realisation that the 1914 Doctrine was simply not Biblical, it was not there in the Bible in any way.

I came to that realisation by simply reading Daniel 4 with an open , non-WT influenced, mind.

A short time on the Net took me to a Site where the participants, most active JW's, agreed with me on 1914.

A few more clicks of the Mouse and I was on this Site, and I was stunned, everything I had been taught and believed in all my life was a lie, it was more than a gentle WTF moment. I was pole-axed.

There followed a long period of adjustment and self-education, a searching for what was really The Truth, and I think of this as the time I really grew up and became the man I should have been all along.

The WT/JW religion keeps you in infantile ignorance and dependence upon them, like a young child with his parents.

It is wonderful to be a mature adult taking responsibility for my own life.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Well said phizzy, I'm only just starting to become a full grown human being. It's a good feeling. I just wish it had happened a lot earlier in my life. Likewisee problem addict, we'll put sir!

Sounds daft compared to all your deep personal revelations on doctrinal matters, but the first time I permitted myself to do a search on here was on Beards!

Cat - meet pigeons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit