Your final WTF? Moment!

by restrangled 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

1. The 1995 generation understanding. And the called it an "adjustment".

2. The 1998 summer assembly resolution. Thousands of people answering YES to some bs read op from the platform. That was my final WTF.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It wasn't at a meeting, but when I read on JWfacts about the flip-flop in organ transplants. That was... a big deal for me. I feel like any JW that is intellectually honest should be seriously "stumbled" by that. I already knew a lot of historical old light, heck, much of it was in the Proclaimers book. I should have been off-put by Russell's pyramidology or other things, but none of that fazed me. But when I read about the flip-flop, and read the two QFRs for myself from the CD-ROM where they instituted and removed the ban, it was clear that some number of Witnesses must have died during those years for a teaching that was absolutely completely undeniably wrong. It was obvious to me at that moment that there was no way this was God's organization.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Love threads like these. So much we can learn from other people.

Mine was a collection...but as a long time elder....and appointed at a young age.....it was my years as an elder and seeing/hearing all the corruption among elders that really made me take a longer look at the whole organization.

When it gets right down to it........smart people leave that cesspool......... its those that are lazy that tend to stay.

• startingover
    startingover

When I was an MS, we were invited to a special meeting just for MS' at the assembly hall. Pass required to get in, made us feel real important. Sat there all day waiting to hear something I had never heard before, but it didn't happen. It was nothing more than another assembly day. Then at the end, another MS, who appeared to be a brown-noser who someone was promoting, got up and read a thank you letter to the GB, praising them for all this fine spiritual food. It went on and on, and I immediately wondered who wrote that letter. At first I thought the brown noser did, but there was no time. I asked around, and no one could give me an answer. I came to the conclusion it was written by the GB praising themselves.

Not too long after that, at a CA, the DO said that if a recommendation for an appointment was sent to NY don't think that Holy Spirit will reject it.

That was the beginning of the end, but finding out about 607, reading C of C and then seeing the UN fiasco develop finished me off.

• sporece
    sporece

A few years back the GB encouraged publishers not to do any research on their own because what they were getting from the society was enough and truthful.

Paul said "To prove to yourself the good and acceptable will of God" and " To make sure of all things"....not according to the watchtower.

Freaking idiots

WTF

• Gembean
    Gembean

I think this is where I am different to most people here.

When I was disfellowshipped, I still believed fully. My sin was caused by a mental health condition.

It took many years after being df to start thinking about the actual facts.

• clarity
    clarity

When I realized it was a cult!

I realized that everything was controlled,

wt gave us all the answers .. but they also

gave us all the questions!!!!!!!!! ding ding ding!

Just want to say it is great to see so many newbies

on here again ............huge welcome to you!

sporece

mephis

gembean

clarity

• Mum
    Mum

It was the way I was treated at a JC meeting. I have posted this before as well, but probably nobody remembers. They were not at all interested in my "spiritual" well-being or my mental state (worn out, needed a change), or anything that matters. I felt that they would have taken me outside and tied me to a tree and set me alight if it were not illegal!

Being married to an elder, becoming a JW insider, and watching all the pettiness, the arrogance, and lack of perspective of the elders was also a great disappointment. Fuck it! Drive on! (FIDO)

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have had a few, but my last was my last meeting where the CO stated: "we don't think we have the truth - we KNOW we have the truth."

That was it - I was out of there like a bat out of hell.

• talesin
    talesin

My friend hung himself, and wasn't found for days.

He was gay, it was the 70s, he had only his mom (a fervent JW), and no gay community back then.

RIP Mark

I left the religion then, at age 18.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit