Breaking News :Charity Commission takes Wathtower to Tribunal in Britain

by raymond frantz 74 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Breaking News :Charity Commission takes Watchtower to Charity Tribunal in Britain

Two weeks ago we run an article about the abuse case in Moston Manchester Congregation .It would seem that the coverage from the main local newspaper Manchester Evening News and two national newspapers has alarmed the Charity Commission the official regulator for charities in England and Wales and now FOR THE FIRST TIME ! they opened an official investigation on both charities ,the local one ,Moston Congragation and the central one Jehovah's Witnesses of Britain indicating that in their eyes these two are connected and liable for any misconduct .THIS IS THE TIME FOR A CONCENTRATED CAMPAIGN FROM ALL OF US TO INFORM THE CHARITY COMMISSION WHY THE WATCHTOWER SHOULD NOT BE A CALLED A CHARITY .The article above has a link for the Charity Commission Complaint Page .FOLLOW IT!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

cc3

It always baffles me how WT can make statements like this with a straight face.

When allegations of abuse are brought to the elders, typically this is what happens:

1. contact WT Legal, not the authorities

2. blame the child

3. blame the parents

4. dismiss the allegations because there was not a witness to the rape

5. tell the parents if they go to the authorities they'll be disfellowshipped

6. rally around the pedophile and let him know how much the congregation will support him in his time of need

7. the elders will run interference for the rapist for as long as possible

8. when the case ends up in court, the entire cong. will sit on the rapist's side of the courtroom in support; the victim and their family will be summarily shunned.

9. WT will piss and moan about Satan's wicked system and how it continually persecutes god's people

10. WT will pay $ millions in under-the-table settlements and finance it through "bring the missionaries home for the Regional Convention" programs, new "kingdom hall" and "assembly hall" donation arrangements, $10,000/day rent for using a WT assembly hall, and looting of congregation bank accounts under the guise of "we'll keep your money safe for you, don't worry about it".

11. keep 8 million JWs completely in the dark, pretend there are no pedophiles in the WT organization.

• galaxie
    galaxie

I hope this is the start of the 'come uppance' for these hypocritical charlatans!!!

• zebagain
    zebagain

Charity commission link

Find Charities

Charity Search

enter 216647

• clarity
    clarity

Thanks Raymond ..... good news, let's hope it

goes viral!

ADCMS.... eleven reasons to not give up the fight,

thanks for all 11.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Link to news on Charity Commission site:-

http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/news/charity-commission-investigates-jehovahs-witnesses-charities/

By the way, 216647 is the IBSA, WTS of Britian is 1077961 and the KH Trust is 275946

George

• clarity
    clarity

Oh and John Cedars is hammering on the

commission in this video..............

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-charity-commission-and-jehovahs-witnesses-is-the-game-finally-up

• Splash
    Splash

ADCMS, adding points 12 and 13.

12. Have unqualified men interrogate the victim, making them describe the abuse in fine detail.

13. Threaten and disfellowship the victim so noone else can talk to them to hear their side.

Splash

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

This is an interesting case as from what I understand it's not based on historic policies that the WBTS can distance itself from and claim new light. The WBTS may be required to update certain policies around JC's which are quite a fundamental part of its shunning policy.

Inadequate / wrong child safeguarding policies are a definite weak link for the WBTS. And their practice must be complaint to their policy.

The charity commission will work with charities to help them rectify issues so a likely outcome is a report detailing failings and required policy changes. The WBTS will not want to lose charity status - not just for the money issue (which won't be massive as they'll find a way through transfer pricing to reduce their profit to zero) but will be of huge embarrassment. Mind you they will claim it's an attack from Satan as an excuse to get more donations.

Most importantly if WBTS are forced to change their safeguarding policies this will likely reduce cases of abuse whether reported or not and for those reported the extra needless humiliation and distress caused by such degrading religious courtroom inquisitions.

mmxiv

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

My complaint submitted to the Charity Commission under the heading 'harm to beneficiaries':

"The organisation expects its members (rank and file Jehovah's Witnesses) to get their children to study and accept as truth the organisation's publications and have a book specifically targetted at children ('My Bible Studies') which has graphically violent imagery and stories designed to develop a phobia that 'Jehovah' will kill and harm all those who do not obey him (and his organisation, the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society). While the book uses bible stories it selects and embelishes them to make them more frightening. My wife is a Jehovah's Witness and I found out she had been secretly reading this book with my son. I was horrified to read the book and see the violent imagery and stories. My son was relieved when I explained to him that the stories were not real as they had been causing him nightmares. I was able to persuade my wife that this material was inappropriate for a 6 year old child and so she stopped reading it to him but I fear for those chilren whose parents are both Jehovah's Witnesses and obey the organsiation by exposing their children to this material. I believe that exposure to this frightening phobia-inducing imagery is a form of child abuse."

I would encourage all JWN members in the UK to make complaints under the same heading about the pyschological impact of shunning, the breaking up of families etc. It would be great if we could get the scope of the Commission's inquiry expanded to encapsulate all the abusive practices of the WBTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit