Matthew Powner- Advanced research on the Origin of life. How credible is he?

by KateWild 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Can you see why I view this as unguided?

Yes I just said it was unguided - no tinkering gods required.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yes I just said it was unguided-cofty

Well spotted. I am getting tired. Fixed it now xx

• cofty
    cofty

you have already ditched two world views in as many decades

No just one. I have travelled from faith-based worldviews to an evidence-based one. You still think faith is a virtue.

How can a scientist use a silly word like "scientism"?

• KateWild
    KateWild

How can a scientist use a silly word like "scientism"?-cofty

hahahahahaha! you have a PM. It will reaveal much.

Kate xx

• Viviane
    Viviane

It's off topic, start a thread and I will be happy to join in.

I was responding to your unfounded and, according to you, off-topic claim. Please try to stay on topic.

What are your motives for joining in this thread anyway?

As always, not anything I feel any particular compulsion to divulge.

So, since you are making public claims of evidence, how are you demonstrating a connection between a unknown creature made of unknown material and the water cycle? What cause and effect are you demonstrating, what causation that's evidence for something you cannot describe rather than either evidence of something different or not evidence at all for the thing you cannot describe.

I am particularly curious given your professed career as a chemist and earlier denial that physics is related to chemisty.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am particularly curious given your professed career as a chemist and earlier denial that physics is related to chemisty.-Viv

More entirely predictable attacks. Is it possible for you to point out a post where I claim to be a chemist? No. It was cofty that called me a chemist. I am a simple chemical analyst and don't professs to be anything more. This involves simply analysing chemical data.

But yet again you have taken things off topic. I suspect that is your motive to deliberately side track posters with personal attacks. I am not making stuff up about you but it's my opinion that you are confrontational and aggressive in a way that I find unhelpful to most posters here. I have had lots of PMs about you from posters who agree with my opinion.

• KateWild
    KateWild

As way of Review, to keep to the topic.

I conclude science can niether prove or disprove God. Scientists don't work that way.

I still believe in God as the creator, and I am interested in how he creates life. I am interested in Powner's work. Does he seem credible to you?

Kate xx

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I have no idea why people are hanging god on a stage in a chemical reactions but each to their own?!

I must add however that physics is indeed the foundation of chemistry. We battled this one in our first ever chat Kate lol.

Chemistry is all about the atoms, what do,you think keeps the atomic parts held together, what do you think breaks apart and attracts the elements in these chemical reactions? ......Physics. Your opening post and first replies was all about the influence of physics on chemistry. Those bonds break as it is energetically efficient to do so based on....physics.

Physics gave way to chemistry which gave way to biology which gave way to evolution which gave way to me which gave way to boring replies on a forum...ta da!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Physics gave way to chemistry which gave way to biology which gave way to evolution which gave way to me which gave way to boring replies on a forum...ta da!-Snare

Hilarious! hahaha. I think I cling to God for a few possible reasons

- I was predisposed that way

- I am suffering CD from being in a cult and haven't deprogramed yet

- I have developed into a religious individual

- It gives me fluffy comfort

- It's just a matter of perspective

I am not sure why either, but I want to explore why some believe and others do not that's why there are all the "boring replies"

• Viviane
    Viviane

More entirely predictable attacks. Is it possible for you to point out a post where I claim to be a chemist? No. It was cofty that called me a chemist. I am a simple chemical analyst and don't professs to be anything more. This involves simply analysing chemical data.

Attack? How is pointing out a fact, namely that you denied something and later claimed not to have denied it, an attack? Anyway, I was under the impression you were a chemist. Now that it's clear you are not a chemist, I am no longer under that impression and confusion over your lack of understanding of science is clear.

But yet again you have taken things off topic. I suspect that is your motive to deliberately side track posters with personal attacks. I am not making stuff up about you but it's my opinion that you are confrontational and aggressive in a way that I find unhelpful to most posters here. I have had lots of PMs about you from posters who agree with my opinion.

It's lovely that you have a club dedicated to telling each other what a big meanie I am and ignorantly make things up about me. Everyone needs a hobby.

Anyway, my question is entirely on topic. I'll repost below for you.

So, since you are making public claims of evidence, how are you demonstrating a connection between a unknown creature made of unknown material and the water cycle? What cause and effect are you demonstrating, what causation that's evidence for something you cannot describe rather than either evidence of something different or not evidence at all for the thing you cannot describe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit