Matthew Powner- Advanced research on the Origin of life. How credible is he?

by KateWild 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"However the scientific evidence available is compelling enough for me to believe that a Creator is responsible for life on earth. I have shown my scientific perspective in past posts." - kate

Would you please explain, what is a "creator" for you? Exactly what difference or how important this "creator" is?

What is the role of this "creator"?
    A creator deity or creator god (often called the Creator) is a deity responsible for the creation of the world (cosmos or universe). In monotheism, the single God is often also the creator deity. A number of monolatristic traditions separate a secondary creator from a primary transcendent being, identified as a primary creator. Polytheism In polytheistic creation, the world often comes into being organically, e.g. sprouting from a primal seed, sexually, by miraculous birth (sometimes by parthenogenesis), by hieros gamos, violently, by the slaying of a primeval monster, or artificially, by a divine demiurge or "craftsman". Sometimes, a god is involved, wittingly or unwittingly, in bringing about creation.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Viv,

In my opinion having a conclusion, is not making a claim, having a belief is not making a claim. I have expressed multiple times that the evidence is soley for me not proof to anyone else. But I can understand why you can't grasp any of what I am saying, you need concrete facts to satisfy your curiosity and you get irritated when you don't have any concrete proof.

I on the other hand have the ability to make higher order abstractions and that's part of my thinking process. To understand this you have to think out of the box Viv. Hydrogen bonds should not be possible in nature, but they are there, hydrogen and oxygen do not bond like this in organic molecules. This is an example of a guided process to me, but perhaps not to another chemical analyst. I am satisfied this process is guided by God, other chemical analysts may not be. They may think it's a natural process.

So in conclusion science in the case of hydrogen bonds proves nothing as reagrds to the existence of God

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Great on sunday afternoons usually live music and london old fashioned charm.-galaxie

Are you in London too, are you going to come for a meetup?

Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

This (insert anything remotely interestng here) is an example of a guided process to me,

Grasping at straws.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Would you please explain, what is a "creator" for you? Exactly what difference or how important this "creator" is?-MG

The Creator is a deity responsible for the creation of the world, cosmos and universe. Important to me becase I like to know how things work and believing a creator is responsible fuels my enquirey that one day I might get some concrete proof either way of his existence. But for now I believe until I am proved otherwise.

Kate xx

• Viviane
    Viviane

In my opinion having a conclusion, is not making a claim, having a belief is not making a claim. I have expressed multiple times that the evidence is soley for me not proof to anyone else. But I can understand why you can't grasp any of what I am saying, you need concrete facts to satisfy your curiosity and you get irritated when you don't have any concrete proof.

What do you consider making a claim if it's not "I think X because of reasons Y and Z"? You just made three incorrect claims about me, one of what I need, one of what I understand and one my emotional state, all ignorant of actual information.

I on the other hand have the ability to make higher order abstractions and that's part of my thinking process. To understand this you have to think out of the box Viv.

Abstract thinking is the ability to understand genral concepts from specific examples. You are not unique in that, but making claims that things are connected in an abtract way does require specific examples and supporting data. What is that? Simply claiming I don't understand how to think like you is not showing how you moved from the specific to the abstract.

Hydrogen bonds should not be possible in nature, but they are there, hydrogen and oxygen do not bond like this in organic molecules.

Why, specifically, should hydrogen bonds (which technically is neither a covalent nor an ionic bond but rather an electrostatic dipole-dipole interaction) not be possible in nature?

I am satisfied this process is guided by God, other chemical analysts may not be.

Why? How do you get from "hydrogen bond" to "God did it"?

So in conclusion science in the case of hydrogen bonds proves nothing as reagrds to the existence of God

You did claim that it did to you when you wrote "When I look at the hydrogen bonding in water, clouds and rain, the desalination process I see how God makes water". I am interested in how that is evidence for something that, so far, can't be defined in terms of what it is comprised of, detected, described in specific terms or proven to exist. What is the connective logic and specific evidence that gets you there?

• cofty
    cofty

Important to me becase I like to know how things work

Resorting to god-did-it is what people do who don't want a real answer.

It is the very opposite of genuine enquiry.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Grasping at straws.-cofty

Lol!!! perhaps for you. Hence my conclusion. It's all a matter of perspective cofty. I listened to Krauss BTW, not bad. Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

What do you consider making a claim if it's not "I think X because of reasons Y and Z"? You just made three incorrect claims about me, one of what I need, one of what I understand and one my emotional state, all ignorant of actual information. - Viv

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! There you go again mister. Off topic remarks. I have not made claims I have given you my opinion about you since you don't want to tell me your true motives. You whole post is like a firring squad of stupid questions merely designed as an attack. It's an example of you being confrontational and aggressive in a way that I find unhelpful to most posters here. You are being willfully ignorant of my perspective just to try an annoy me on purpose.

It's Friday night here in the UK I have better things to do than play on my computer with you Viv. I did have some fun though we could have some real fun if I come and visit you in Texas mister Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Resorting to god-did-it is what people do who don't want a real answer.-cofty

What's the real answer then cofty?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit