Matthew Powner- Advanced research on the Origin of life. How credible is he?

by KateWild 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

I am currently reading Lawrence Krauss' "A Universe From Nothing". It's fascinating how he dismantles the very last refuge of the god-of-the-gaps.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I think we need to live together learning to accept one anther's perspectives. But I am still fuelled to make enquiries and find satisfying proof I am wrong about the existence of a Creator.

wholehartedly agree. I just suspect that for most people who believe in a creator, that proof will never be satisfying enough to justify changing one's beliefs. I also suspect that for a great number of atheists, if god were to come down from heaven and create a new type of life to demonstrate his power and prove that he exists, they would meet it with skepticism. I mean, how do we know he's not just a powerful alien who's come here to decieve us? Afterall to paraphrase star trek, any sufficiently advanced civilization's technology will appear to be magic.

I confess I don't know how I would react to god's proving his existence in such a way. I suspect that won't be a problem I'll have to face, though.

• galaxie
    galaxie

As heard on the London underground "mind the gap" lol.

• Viviane
    Viviane

However the water cycle is interesting and is more evidence that god is the Creator. When I look at the hydrogen bonding in water, clouds and rain, the desalination process I see how God makes water.

How is that that evidence? How does the premise of a unknown creature made of undefined spirit stuff connect to the water cycle?

Rubbish. You quote mined the post. I am having a conversation with cofty about Soai's paper, I feel your clouding the point, cofty can see why I conclude the way I do so drawing a conclusion is not the point. Your statement does not answer my question to cofty. If you want to join in then say something relevant about Soai's work. Or tell us why you came to your conclusions.

You are not being quote mined. If you think you are, look up what quote mining is and you will understand the difference between quote mining and choosing salient portions to quote.

The question remains. How does your premise connect to your conclusion?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Sorry you've lost me, what claim? What reasonable question?

Apologies Viv you'll have to be a little more specific. Kate xx

Read your text that I quoted. If you don't understand what you wrote about evidence, I cannot help you. The question was around how you are determining what is evidence, you suggested it was personal. I pointed out that you are calling things evidence on a public forum, therefore is it reaonable to expect comments and questions.

So, since you are publicly calling things evidence, I am interested in the connective support between an impersonal creature made of unknown spirit stuff an the water cycle. How are you getting from A to Z? How are you determining cause and effect, what is evidence, what isn't? Why is it evidence of the specific thing you believe in and not something else?

• Viviane
    Viviane

I am currently reading Lawrence Krauss' "A Universe From Nothing". It's fascinating how he dismantles the very last refuge of the god-of-the-gaps.

That is quite a good book.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Why do you feel the need to insert a creator pre-LUCA but not post-LUCA?-cofty

You're dodging my question now by asking me a new question, that'a naughty cofty. How does Soai prove there is no God?

Its bucket chemistry as Saoi demonstrated.-cofty

Specifically how did he demonstrate this? The term "bucket chemistry" is not used in peer reviewed papers mister. But I will play. Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am currently reading Lawrence Krauss' "A Universe From Nothing". It's fascinating how he dismantles the very last refuge of the god-of-the-gaps.-cofty

Krauss is an atheist activist and self-described antitheist. His science is biased. I am not filling in the gaps. As far as Powners work is concerned I want to follow him in finding the origin of life, and see how he works from a chemistry perspective.

I conclude that science cannot prove or disprove God, but you insist it can disprove God exists. Cofty what scientific fact proves God does not exist?

Kate xx

• Viviane
    Viviane

Krauss is an atheist activist and self-described antitheist. His science is biased.

Show where his scientific work is biased, please.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Then, if you give them a pre-universe inch, watch 'em fastforward to tell you all about this "god".-Phizzy

That's simply no the case with me, chemistry is my discipline so I started the whole conversation with enantiomers and we're still here. In nature a homochiral mixture forms that is found in all living things. But a racemic mixture forms in the lab.

You still haven't answered my question either phizzy, you said you will quote impeccable sources to prove God does not exist I am still waiting mister.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit