Matthew Powner- Advanced research on the Origin of life. How credible is he?

by KateWild 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane

There you go again. Off topic remarks. I have not made claims I have given you my opinion about you since you don't want to tell me your true motives.

Those are ignorant claims no matter how you try to wordsmith your way out of it. If you think I shouldn't respond to your repeatedly corrected, incorrect and ignorant claims about me, then you should stop making OT comments regarding me.

You whole post is like a firring squad of stupid questions merely designed as an attack.

I am asking questions regarding your claims. If you find that troublesome, that's really your problem and should give you pause to consider why you feel the need to repeatedly make incorrect and ignorant claims about me instead of simply discussing how you arrived at a conclusion and determined something was evidence.

It's an example of you being confrontational and aggressive in a way that I find unhelpful to most posters here.

You don't speak for most posters.

You are being willfully ignorant of my perspective just to try an annoy me on purpose.

I am trying to figure out your perspective by asking questions. It's really your problem that questions related to your posts annoy you.

It's Friday night here in the UK I have better things to do than play on my computer with you Viv. I did have some fun though we could have some real fun if I come and visit you in Texas mister Kate xx

Texas? What in the world are you talking about? Is this related to the PM you sent me claiming to know all sorts of things about me and got all of them wrong? You seem to do that a lot.

• cofty
    cofty

What's the real answer then cofty?

What exactly is your question?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Kate, I been thinking about this question (mainly during the meeting this morning). Isn't the problem simply that because we don't understand a chemical, biological or physical process that we tag it as supernatural? If we take that to its logical conclusion we end up falling to our knees at the sight of a plane in the sky and doing obeisance.

For me it boils down to a question of faith. Those with faith in religion simply ascribe anything they don't understand to a creator. The scientific approach though is to build on the body of knowledge, hard won by experimentation, testing of hypotheses and observation. The results open to debate and critisism by peers. Those with “faith" in science are content to admit that they just don’t yet know. They have confidence though that due to the cumulative build up of knowledge over time that one day, someone will. I suppose that is a form of faith but it is based on a mountain of unassailable knowledge.

I can’t claim to have undertaken the amount of reading that Cofty has done but all that I have read and investigated leads me inexorably to the conclusion that natural selection is a wonderful engineer. The sort of awe that inspires creationists just leads those with enquiring minds to ask “why”? Eventually the answers emerge. It is not impossible that some unknown force has instigated and guided things but to consider this as a creator or suitable for our worship ignores the completely amoral nature of life and natural phenomena.

By the way, I have followed your life turmoil and wish you nothing but the best with your family circumsatnces and private life. SF

• KateWild
    KateWild

Slidin Fast,

Thanks for your contribution and telling us how you draw your conclusions. I always wondered how many JWs were atheists. I suspect you're not the only one. Thanks also for your well wishes. I have had a great day today, nice and sunny friends and guys chatting me up.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit