Expect more Crazy as JW.ORG trims the fat and fills the coffers.

by donuthole 71 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

They will never dump Jehovah's Witnesses as their name

I'm sure the IBSA said the very same thing...right up to the point they were re-branded as "Jehovah's Witnesses".

Once "New Light"™ shows up, all bets are off. Anything is possible.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The KFC comparison is perfect!

yes, all companies rebrand when they are getting old or stale in the market....

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Dont overlook a fact the US branch is well aware of:

numbers in the US are down. Way down. if you take the "foreign field" (non native english english speakers) out of the equation, the branch feels there is a net decrease of 5% in the last five years or average of one percent a year. From the horses mouth on that..... They know they are losing people and are ok with it as long as those that stay are ferverant worshippers

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Just as it has proved impossible for the WTS to predict correctly what God will do, I think it’s pretty much impossible for us to predict what the GB will do. Predicting the actions of deranged and deluded people is no easy task. I can’t see them ditching the name Jehovah’s Witness for JW, in spite of the KFC analogy. And I don’t think they’ll abandon The Watchtower either, although they may remove it from public distribution in favour of a new, glossy alternative with a title not associated with Jehovah’s Witnesses.

And I think they are worried about numbers, they always use them to support their claim for Jehovah’s blessing and direction on their activities, and I can’t see them abandoning that lightly, even if most of them are sitting on the fence.

Where I see changes more likely is in the consolidation of their role as the FDS, as they are paranoid about apostasy and need tighter control on the R&F thinking processes. As part of the 144,000, who will rule in heaven, it would not be such a big step for them to declare that they have now, while still on earth, been enthroned with Kingdom power. They are the Princes that will stand up in the last days. Their rock-start status will be enhanced and their demand for unquestioning loyalty will thus be cemented, and while this may lead to an exodus of the less indoctrinated, I doubt it will be anything like three quarters of them.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

the branch feels there is a net decrease of 5% in the last five years

Let's not forget, as Ray Franz documented in CoC, that falling numbers in the 1960's were the entire foundation for formulating the 1975/Armageddon nonsense. The WT needed to do something to bring people back and get the numbers up- what better way to do that than to declare the End was near and only WT had salvation.

Desperate thinking leads to desperate actions. There's no predicting what WT will do in the future, except that the absurdity will reach epic levels.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

After more thought on this......I think the Watchtower and Jehovah's Witnesses name remain just internal monikers. I don't think the JW's will use those names out in the public anymore. They will continue to know they are Jehovah's Witnesses and most everyone else will still know. The less the name is said in public the less cult talk. The Watchtower will continue, but not as a public version anymore. No more Watchtower symbols on KH's. Only litrature offered to the public will be JW.Org tracts. Pathetic what this cult had us believe it was and now what it has turned into. Get out of this man-made cult people.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I also expect that this religion will get crazier and more controlling as time goes on. It is already happening right before everybody's eyes.

It is true that some will leave, but, I'm afraid the die-hards won't budge. I also feel the religion doesn't care if it loses people as long as the ones still there are "useful" to them.

I am grateful to be out but I feel sorry for my few friends that are trapped there. They will not open their eyes and see any wrong and it is so sad!!

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Here's a shot from the Detroit convention jumbotron. The speakers were all shown on the jumbotron/scoreboard so everyone could see them. On both sides JW.org was plastered.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Not Working. Can't insert photo. Maybe someone has a shot.

• sir82
    sir82

numbers in the US are down. Way down. if you take the "foreign field" (non native english english speakers) out of the equation, the branch feels there is a net decrease of 5% in the last five years or average of one percent a year. From the horses mouth on that....

I have long suspected that, but couldn't prove it.

I'd be curious to know your source for this material. Send me a PM if the info is confidential.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit