Expect more Crazy as JW.ORG trims the fat and fills the coffers.

by donuthole 71 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

I believe both "Watchtower" and "Jehovah's Witnesses" will fade away and "JW.Org" will be the official moniker of the WT.

I can't help but think of "Kentucky Fried Chicken", now known as "KFC".

Ask anyone under the age of, oh, 20, about "Kentucky Fried Chicken" and you'll likely get only a blank stare. They all know it solely as "KFC".

In the year 2040 or 2050, no one will remember "Watchtower" or "Jehovah's Witnesses". It will all be "JW".

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Alfredjones100

in line with the rebranding the society, when i've rung bethel, the girl at the other end has picked up the phone and said "hello watchtower".

is that the same these days?

or is it "hello wt.org"?

Here in the U.S they answer the telephone: "Jehovah's Witnesses" they stopped answering Watchtower a long time ago.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

After spending the weekend at the convention it is obvious that the Borg is in rebranding mode. jW.org is everywhere. On the jumbotron. People's buttons. Bags. I never saw a WT symbol. I am confident that in the next short while we will no longer place wt and awake door to door. It will be tracts instead.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

yadda yadda 2: Rebrand to call themselves JW.org? lol, can't see that. I think some are getting a bit carried away at the new internet focus.

If a person is even marginally observant, you'll notice that "JW.Org" has been promoted and repeated ad nauseum. Look at the August tract for the campaign- JW.Org is all over it. Look at the booths and storefronts WT is utilizing. They don't have banners on them that say "Watchtower" or "Jehovah's Witnesses". No, on every one of them it says in big bold letters "JW.Org".

Do you not notice any of this?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

On second thought, "JW.Org" is hardly noticable on the tract:

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Barely noticable on the WT booths either....

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Yes, last week I was approached by a sister doing street witnessing...she handed me one of their new "branded" tracts, and pointed me right to the back and told me I could go on JW.org to learn more- of course she grabbed it out of my hand when I told her I was an apostate but....

Man remember the old days of memorizing "what to say about the magazines" on the back of the kingdom ministry...we had to read a scripture...or even worse...I remember the days of memorizing mini sermons in the reasoning book-

its sooo easy now for JWs....rebranding is a genious cult move and I do think you guys are on the right track that JW will become the next "KFC"

CHG

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Finkelstein - "Its just sheer coincidence all these occurrences are all happening together and the inter-net is exposing the vile ignorance and corruption of what and how the WTS. built itself upon."

Interesting that you should mention that; historically, regimes that are faced with only one or two crises at a time can usually roll with the punches and weather through.

It's when they're facing several threats simultaneously that they inevitably succumb, often because by then, they've enjoyed a measure of longevity, and, as such, have become - internally - too complex to successfully adapt to multiple pressures.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

ADCMS, where is that? Somewhere in Italy?

It's pretty weird for a religion.

This is definitely NOT the religion I joined in the early '80s.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Yup. The dissenters will be lableled as "evil slave" and will be forever weeping and gnashing their teeth.

Although teeth gnashing can be a source of humour..

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/3000317

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit