Expect more Crazy as JW.ORG trims the fat and fills the coffers.

by donuthole 71 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

@MetaTron... Yes. I believe too that it is likely they will be getting rid of the magazine The Watchtower.

How many times have we had the door shut in our face with "The Watchtower? No thank you". lol

Now it is: "Knock, knock. JW.org, here". "Oh, what is that?" as an honest hearted, but innocent and lonely householder takes a tract. Bingo for WT/GB/JW.org.

Bang shut goes the door on a new trapped drone...

I look forward to what this Oct 2014 annual meeting "reveal" will reveal. lol

LL

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ could care less if they lost 75% of the JW`s..

............As far as the WBT$ is concerned..

......Most JW`s don`t pull their weight anyway.

..Most Of You JWs Are.....................Ya!..

..........Lazy Bums!..............With A Capital BUM!..

............Please.................No!..You Shut Up Anthony!..

......Shut Up Stephen..............Weirdo Boy!..

....http://jwsurvey.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/morris-and-lett.jpg

...........................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

1 or 2 million hard-core loyalists are much more easily managed than 6 or 7 million fence-sitters.

It's like I been saying; they're managing the decline.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's like I been saying; they're managing the decline.

It may be the one prediction that they've gotten right!

Magazine publishing -- 50% reduction in material

Branches -- Over 20 closures

Meetings -- 33% reduction

Cir Assm Days -- 33% reduction

Meeting Attendance -- 30% absent

Contributions -- UP UP UP -- Send us ALL of your money!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ Outlaw: The WBT$ could care less if they lost 75% of the JW`s..

Well, the Org. lost 75% of it's followers when Rutherfraud hijacked control of the WT...it lost (overall)* 10% after 1975...and I have no doubt it is likely to happen again.

* some European countries saw a 75%+ decline.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Since 2008 I've stated that the long game for the GB will be to lose the fence sitters. It's easier for them to manage a smaller core group of die-hards who will obey at all costs than it is to control a 6 million+ mixed bag of fence sitters. Financially it makes more sense, and with control of the brick and mortar assets, they can stretch out their reign for a while longer (what's the average age of the GB?) and weather any legal precedents set by the Candice Conti ruling.

The rebranding is already underway, along with the more passive, almost wallpaper-like method of preaching via the literature stands. Look at the new tract with the trademarked JW.Org logo and the removal of the Watchtower iconography.

We we already know the Mormons have taken a similar route in terms of reinventing the religion (up to a point; search for "I'm a LDS" videos), directing attention to their web presence, which has been copied almost wholesale by the GB.

Jehovah's Witnesses 2.0 is long overdue, just like Armageddon.

• twice shy
    twice shy

Far from die out, Rutherford's JW's flourished.

Yeah, but Rutherford didn't have the internet and barely had television. I do see they are trying to push all the other sites to the 2nd or 3rd pages when the search engines pull up the results for J....... W..........s.

They are trying to commandeer the internet during this theocratic warfare. They have been conditioning the sheep for months or more to obey them blindly.

The good book says walk by faith. It doesn't say by blind faith through the teachings of deceptive men.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Havent they replaced the Watchtower signs with JW.ORG on their bethel and branch office buildings around the world ?

What does that tell you .

smiddy

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Well, I meant rebranding in terms of changing their name. They will never dump Jehovah's Witnesses as their name, as some seemed\\ to be suggesting. But they certainly do seem to be shifting the marketing emphasis from Watchtower to JW.org, no doubt about that.

• bigmac
    bigmac

Kentucky Fried Witnesses ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit