Expect more Crazy as JW.ORG trims the fat and fills the coffers.

by donuthole 71 Replies latest jw friends

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

It frightens me for deluded family members still in...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is it true that the WTS. owns all KHs now ?, they didn't before back in the 70's 80's ?

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Metatron, that's what I've been thinking as well. I think they are going to dump the Watchtower as a magazine and disavow any association with the word.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Metatron, that's what I've been thinking as well. I think they are going to dump the Watchtower as a magazine and disavow any association with the word.

I stated the same thing on another thread a few months ago.

Rutherfraud abandoned the name IBSA in order to distance the WT from the epic fails of the 1914 and 1925 false prophecies. The best way to accomplish that was simply rebrand the IBSA as "Jehovah's Witnesses".

Similarly, the "Jehovah's Witnesses" brand-name currently carries so much baggage, with the 1975 debacle, the pedophilia cover-ups, labelling any dissenter as "mentally diseased", etc. WT must, yet again, rebrand itself in the interest of damage control and self-preservation.

I believe both "Watchtower" and "Jehovah's Witnesses" will fade away and "JW.Org" will be the official moniker of the WT.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You heard it here first.

I agree 100% with the Thread Title too, they have chosen to go down the route of "Crazy", and once having chosen the Looney Route, it is almost impossible to get off, its like throwing a U-ey on the Freeway and driving against the traffic.

• Poztate
    Poztate

I believe both "Watchtower" and "Jehovah's Witnesses" will fade away and "JW.Org" will be the official moniker of the WT

I can see that coming also. It would give them a chance at a fresh start. Something they really need.

I remember when Kentucky Fried Chicken brand started to create a bad perception they rebranded to KFC...success

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I believe both "Watchtower" and "Jehovah's Witnesses" will fade away and "JW.Org" will be the official moniker of the WT.

Yep.....I agree only a matter of time until this happens. This cult has no loyality to it's nutty history. They are only concerned with their present image. They've already thrown Russell under the bus. Next will be Rutherford, Norr & Crazy "talk to his brown shoes" Freddie Franz. The Watchtower & Awake mags will be gone too. They will deny association with any past WTS Presidents, the Watchtower name, and the name Jehovah's Witnesses. Everything will center around JW.Org and they may simply just call themselves "Christians". The Governing Body can do anything they want with the "theocratic warfare" strategy and the "new light" doctrinal concept. They will end up being a carbon copy of the Mormons with some same JW core beliefs, and whatever else "new light" takes them to. It is disgusting what this religion has done to people's lives in the name of it being the one true religion.

• alfredjones100
    alfredjones100

in line with the rebranding the society, when i've rung bethel, the girl at the other end has picked up the phone and said "hello watchtower".

is that the same these days?

or is it "hello wt.org"?

• metatron
    metatron

I am aware that "Governing Body" is an anachronism. All the same, a Board of Directors directs....... and in Rutherford's case, their direction was such that he dumped them.

This bit of history is important because it shows what revisionist nonsense WT history is.

I'm interested in this money grab by the WTS coupled with other changes because it could mean they are moving away from orthodoxy towards pragmatism. Better they worry about money than rules and mind games.

metatron

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Did you guys see that "advertisment" for the atlanta international assembly? They kept repeating "listen, obey, and be blessed" several times, and they have a little girl say it one last time at the end. It's like their new slogan!

we are living in a time of change for the Watchtower, we'll have to see what happens next and how the organization changes. But this post does make some good observations

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit