Expect more Crazy as JW.ORG trims the fat and fills the coffers.

by donuthole 71 Replies latest jw friends

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the HS and Governing Body, Amen.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

I hope this is not going against the flow, but talking about changes and new light, and since I haven't been going for a long time, what in the world is this about the "3rd heaven?" For goodness sake, it sounds occultish. Could it factor in some how, some way?

• badcompany
    badcompany

About 10 years ago I brought over a computer to my parents and hooked them up on the internet. It was like I gave them a Ouija board. The next time I came back the computer was a door stop. Now they both have laptops and are on the internet. They told me they had to because most everything JW is either on-line or will be.

• integ
    integ

A MAJOR scandal can help bring this down. A MAJOR financial scandal.

• smiddy
    smiddy

ADCMS

I believe both "Watchtower" and "Jehovah's Witnesses" will fade away and "JW.Org" will be the official moniker of the WT.

I think your onto something here

Expect more Crazy as JW.ORG trims the fat and fills the coffers.

"At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not."

I wouldnt put anything past them at all , however I look forward with great anticipation to hear what next comes out as nu-lite , only to drive another nail in their coffin .

smiddy

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Rebrand to call themselves JW.org? lol, can't see that. I think some are getting a bit carried away at the new internet focus.

Nevertheless, I think it's very clear that the Society is very strategically focused right now. It is defensively manouevering financially and legally as quickly as possible to survive some big external threats on the horizon, mostly legal, and to survive some big doctrinal adjustments in the years ahead that may 'stumble' many.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They will rebrand....

As I've said in another thread, our khall already has the jw.org logo on the sign out the front......

• smiddy
    smiddy

A MAJOR scandal can help bring this down. A MAJOR financial scandal.

Maybe some Govt.body like the I.R.S. or a Charities Commission or the like , religion as a cloke for financial gain dealing in real estate , investments , property development , avoiding paying taxes , using religion and charitable status , surely has bounds , when are the appropiate authourities going to see through this charade .

smiddy

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Donuthole, you make a great point that I have not thought of before. These days, financial viability is more important than growth. The doctrine do not lend themselves to a long term outlook. Major changes are required that would lead to many people leaving. However, that is what the religion needs. Provided they can keep onto the assets, they can get more financial growth through investments than they can from the growth coming in from the poor and third world countries.

• KateWild
    KateWild

These days, financial viability is more important than growth.-jwfacts

It is certainly all about the money, but donuthole made a point about loyalty too. I have noticed this a lot in the publications and talking to JWs that loyalty to the GB and the organisation is imperative. WT make loyalty sound like such a virtue to control JWs. Loaded language.

I am not so sure about the mass exodus though, I think too many are trapped and can't escape.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit