OMG the Watchtower IS toast!

by kneehighmiah 50 Replies latest jw friends

• twice shy
    twice shy

That would be something to look forward to

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They don't need the money. They need the souls. That means making sure no one has any money, and that is how they come up with the donation amounts. Keep everyone's standard of living at the bare minimum, make them feel that having just a little more is a sin, and you program souls to be poor forever. That is one way to weaken souls to enslave them--the others are also being done. Making the boasting sessions as boring as possible, insisting on at-all-costs obedience, putting faith in that nazarene thing, inherent sin (=everything that makes being human being human), and depriving the witlesses of all fun are also being practiced. They even bash being healthy--if you are healthy, are you really doing ALL you can for joke-hova?

As for those who are pledging zero, or tiny amounts, I bet they are going to be audited come the next hounder-hounder visit. They are going to assess each person as to whether they could lower their standard of living some more. They really don't give a fxxx whether it is through reduced work or increased donations, or both. They just have to make sure everyone is being stripped of all assets, and that they don't have 15 or 20 monster boxes of silver stashed somewhere when the dollar becomes toilet paper. Presuming they are holding back is another form of presuming everyone is born into sin. They will continue doing that, meaning putting pressure on everyone to contribute more while pressuring everyone to earn less at work.

And more drudgery at work. Their aim is damning souls. That is why all the fun jobs or those earning quite sizable amounts of money are off limits. If I would have got a job programming computers back in 1988 where I would make 32 [1988] toilet papers an hour, or 1280 per week (working 40 hours a week), I could afford to have quite a bit of fun and the washtowel would not be able to do anything about it. Plus, I might be programming the 21st or 22nd century, developing a better Internet (that is, operating systems that really work without seizing up or lagging every time you do anything), or doing something that could be used later to advance science so the spiritual realm would merge with science. And having fun in the process. It is pretty hard for the washtowel to damn souls that are in that situation. It is much easier for them to damn souls when they work low paying, dull jobs, are out in field circus all the time, are tired, and they have to account for every electron of negligible value lest someone decide they are not doing ALL they possibly can for joke-hova.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The thing is, it doesn't matter how smart/dumb a person is when they are involved in a cult, and under mind control. We all know "smart and intelligent" people who will go to the grave believing in the WTS.

So we ask, why?

Because intelligence doesn't matter when you are under mind control. Like Magnum's friends, who may know something isn't quite right, but they can't quite get out, because they don't want to lose their position, or their family, or friends, or simply are just comfortable giving up a portion of their lives because they 'feel important' because they give talks out every month and ten people come up to them afterwards and thank them for giving the talk.

That is why all of this talk about the cult crumbling into oblivion is just plain bull. It won't go away because of simply human nature. People want to feel important as one of their primal needs, and the WTS fulfills that need. Being a soldier of Jah is very high on the list of being an important person, no matter how much you fail in every other aspect of life...

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

They are getting rid of the RBC arrangement as well.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

could not agree more, people may clue in that something is wrong. But they can never give up their rank, position and friends

• kaik
    kaik

Lois, I see that in my family. My parents were told to never grow old. They seen their members to die off, one by one. I know women who were in their prime to get married and have children in the 1970's to age alone, childless, forgotten. I do not talk about one or two cases, but about dozen of them in my old KH who waisted their lives and abilities for false promises. They were nice and they did not deserved that. The leadership in WT will try everything to get away from 1914 debacle, but the best way is to rid off contemporary witnesses of it. This can be only achieved by natural, biological way. If they wait enough for 20 years most of them will be gone. Younger people that came after 1995 during switch to overlapping generations will not know the past and will most likely not care what WT used to say decades ago. New

• punkofnice
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Wow. Error occurred then posted nowt.

What I was gonna say was that it may appear that the JWs can't afford to give the WBT$ any dosh but the guilt factor will be so great from the paedophile protecting Governing body that the Jws wil find a way.

The WBT$ is set for survival!

• metatron
    metatron

Allow me to add a few points to this fine discussion. What happens next?

So, weary congregations vote to throw money at the Society. Do the elders end up begging from the stage? How will that look? Will it wake up more Witlesses?

The Watchtower and Awake are pathetic anachronisms. Eventually, they've got to go and their contents get moved online exclusively. How many Witlesses will read them after that? What will happen to contributions for the WorldWide Work after they are gone? Will they set up ANOTHER "pledge drive"?

What happens to Watchtower cash flow if the magazines die off AND they observe that little or no Kingdom Halls are being built with their money?

And I wish to add, again, that I see evidence of a 'devil-take-the-hindmost' attitude towards many smaller congregations in the US. The Watchtower Society has discovered Social Darwinism.

metatron

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

and ten people come up to them afterwards and thank them for giving the talk

Wow where are these people. I barely get an elder walking me out the door when I leave after I give a public talk in another cong. Might be because I leave right after the talk so as to avoid the "botchtower" study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit