OMG the Watchtower IS toast!

by kneehighmiah 50 Replies latest jw friends

• kaik
    kaik

WTWizard, Borg needs free labor that could provide them with excellent living standard while the members work and distribute publications as a symbol of dedication to man made religion.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Is it just me, or does there seem to be more JWNers becoming convinced of the WTS' impending decline than otherwise?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

It's probably wishful thinking...much like when we were in the cult, we'd look to every world event through the lens of bible prophecy (there was an earthquake in haiti, the end is near! )

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

metatron - "How many Witlesses will read them after that? What will happen to contributions for the WorldWide Work after they are gone? Will they set up ANOTHER 'pledge drive'? What happens to Watchtower cash flow if the magazines die off AND they observe that little or no Kingdom Halls are being built with their money?"

More layoffs... this time at Warwick.

metatron - "The Watchtower Society has discovered Social Darwinism."

It's the biggest irony in the world when authoritarian religions end up applying a social variation of something they otherwise oppose so vociferously.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OneEyedJoe - "It's probably wishful thinking...much like when we were in the cult, we'd look to every world event through the lens of bible prophecy (there was an earthquake in haiti, the end is near! )"

That's just it, though...

...even back when I was still in, I'd see certain things in current events that - to me, at least - were very difficult to square up with the WTS's End-Time script.

In fact, the harder I looked when trying to find evidence that confirmed the WTS's interpretation of Revelation, the more I saw that refuted it.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Is it just me, or does there seem to be more JWNers becoming convinced of the WTS' impending decline than otherwise

I tend to agree, though if there is one thing that could lead to their decline, it's the cash flow drying up. Too bad it's nowhere near that point.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

keyser soze - "I tend to agree, though if there is one thing that could lead to their decline, it's the cash flow drying up. Too bad it's nowhere near that point."

You sure about that?

I could be wrong, but I don't think corporations are in the habit of liquidating and/or consolidating assets (globally, I might add) when their revenue flow is secure...

• Scott77
    Scott77
    We are told that the work is rapidly expanding. However a growth rate of only 2% on addition to widespread branch closings and cutbacks in personnel (DOs), assemblies, and literature show the opposite.
    kneehighmiah

That's a good analysis. Similar to retreating defeated Nazi Solidiers, The Watchtower is slowly retreating into the state of oblivion.

Scott77

• DJS
    DJS

As I've stated before, selling off assets, streamlining the org chart and laying off employees are typically done by organizations feeling stress. Their apparent greedy grab for cash flow strained from the local congregations suggests the same thing. They cloak it in supporting the growth. Since the 'growth' appears to be in under-developed and developing lands and the new borgs, regardless of where they are from, are typically poor and under-educated, it only makes sense that to serve this growth the cash flow has to come from somewhere. The new borg members are likely poor, they can't sell literature and the normal contributions clealry aren't working out, at least not in a manner to address cash flow concerns. They are not likely to use one red cent of asset sales to fund the world wide work. Not a penny. That, they consider, belongs to them and is re-invested in 'capital' pursuits for the borganization's leaders/command and control.

Also, it is of interest that they are scaling back assemblies. From my days in the borg and working behind the scenes with the financial guys, assemblies were one of the primary money making enterprises. Cutting them short suggests that well dried up a while ago. An educated guess would suggest that the length of the assemblies coincides exactly with when the contributions/profit margins are maxed out. So this suggests that the money grab is real; they are hurting. Good for them.

All of this suggests financial concerns, but none of it proves the borg is short for the world, which is what we all would love to hear. If the congregations decided to tell the dark lords in NY to shove it and kept their funds for themselves, it would be the one thing, based on what I hear you all say, that would be the acid test as to their financial fitness and illustrate what it has been all along - a publshing, money making borganization.

Add to all of this is that the increase is likely fabricated. They will be around, but it appears they are feeling the pain. Good for them.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Few outsiders come in....my old congregation was almost composed of families in laws and cousins....This almost always resulted in young ones being baptised as soon as possible...usually before they realised what they were involved in...They were then ramrailed into conforming or face losing friends and family if they dared seek life beyond hall doors....very sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit