OMG the Watchtower IS toast!

by kneehighmiah 50 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

kaik, sounds like that person needs to read the account of the widows' mite...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

JEHOBO SAYS HE IS BROKE. In reality he has billions under his Celestial Matress.

DD

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Hey friendaroonie, how are JWs going to surpass Mormons when their froth rate is already decLining? I try to deal with facts here. According to their own numbers the peak memorial attendance was in 2011. They have yet to match that number again in 3 years. Yea real explosive growth. The membership is aging and they cannot recruit. they will linger for years to come, but their heyday is passed unless they come up with a new message, or a new global disaster happens.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/statistics.php

the facts are not on your side friendaroonie

• Magnum
    Magnum

friendaroonie: Its just wishful thinking that the wt is going to fall. There is just no sign of that. A member here and there leaves and the exjw goes cheering. But every congregation I visit has all the same members I remember from 20 years ago, 30 even. They are all there still making the same comments and going out in service. I just dont see what people are talking about when they say the wt is receding. No they are growing like always and no revolution will ever happen in their ranks.

I disagree. I don't know much about the money situation, but the org has already fallen in a big way. It IS NOT the same as it was a few decades ago, Most (almost all) of the deeper, smarter, more knowledgeable old-timers that I knew are gone and they have not been replaced by an equivalent group. The new group is far less intelligent, less knowledgeable, etc. The org has been dumbed down. The mags are almost irrelevant now. It seems that as time passes, they are taken less seriously by non-JWs.

I can't find anybody among them to talk with anymore - nobody that can carry on an intelligent Bible conversation; they can't even carry on an intelligent conversation about their own doctrine. I know an elder who went to the annual meeting at which the big FDS=GB change was made. He didn't even know the change was made, and I think he still doesn't know the difference.

It just ain't the same. I think that my two favorite elders in the whole circuit are having doubts. They are the two most intelligent, reasonable, normal elders, and both know something is wrong.

they are growing like always

I do not see that. I actually see negative growth. I honestly can't even remember the last time I saw a quality (intelligent, stable, normal, well-read) individual get baptized. I see virtually no outsiders (those without JW family connections) come in, and the ones that do are not quality. There at least used to be the appearance of scholarship in the org, but no more.

I also see very few (if any) prospects among the JW family members that come in. I don't trust the numbers the org provides, but I think they should start showing negative growth in the relatively near future.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

They have a full proof system. America will fall before they do. Sad but true. by friendaroonie

I think you mean fool-proof , which is kind of amusing,

since they need all the fools they can get. What you are seeing,

friendaroonie, in those Halls, is people frozen, in lock-step repetitive

lives who cannot see how to change there own destiny or make any

creative or original decisions or take actions that would lead to freedom,

because freedom terrifies them. They are convinced their safety is in

staying the same and repeating the same rituals they have always performed.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Negative growth will happen, probably within a decade. But that doesn't matter anymore. All that they want is a dedicated, hard core base that will give both time and money.

Money is the new push. After that, will be their time, not so much in FS, but in builing new Kingdom Halls and assembly buildings. Expect them to give field service credit for everyone spending time on the RBC. Time will jump over 2 billion quickly as publishers jump all over the opportunity to spend time with the RBC instead of knocking on empty doors.

• kaik
    kaik

To kneehighmiah, maybe WT is waiting for the older JW generation to die off. Remember these are people who came into the cult decades ago with belief that end was imminent and Armageddon is just behind the corner. Most of these people had parents and grandparents born before 1914 and they witnessed this generation to pass away. With 1914 debacle moving into distant memory, WT can in several years come up with a new false prophecy of the upcoming Armageddon and younger people can be drawn in. There are millions of people that go through personal crisis every day; the prospect of someone to solve all their problem in one strike like JW claim is enticing enough. What WT published 25-50-100 years ago? They will not care.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

kaik ... Unfortunately, what you post, is what I think the GB is setting up.

I have no doubt they will be getting rid of anything and anybody that doesn't like their new and improved, way of doing business.

So many of us have lost our youth and lives to this cruel prophecy spouting, money grabbing empire building business bastards.

Oh, for those who lost their loved ones for want of a blood transfusion...

Those many who never got married or if they did, did not have children...

How can the WT/GB High Up's sleep at night???

LoisLane

• kaik
    kaik

Magnum, you are correct on the observation of the JW intellectual abilities. I have observed that JWs do not even know anymore common biblical verses and stories. They can recite WT publications, but cannot read bible on their own anymore. Additionally many in the leadership are half way in the grave, born in the 1920's, senile, and clueless with world that is around. They still think and work on established 1950's principles that do not have anymore appeal. In my native country the same people I had as elders and CO are still there. They were arelady middle aged men in the 1970's and 1980's, and they are still around! They seem immortal.

I do not expect reformation within JW ranks. These debates were in secret in the 1990's when the generation nonsense was changed. German Refomation happened in span of 20 years (1517-1539) and that was 500 years ago. Today's JW membership is impotent reforming their own leadership producing while failure after another.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit