Why do Christian nations think they can assimilate Muslims into their communities , does Islam attempt to assimilate Christians in their communities ?

by smiddy 51 Replies latest social current

• glenster
  • villagegirl
    villagegirl

Mikado - I am not living now in Muslim country. You are a male ?

You perspective will not be the same as a woman in a Muslim country.

Mainstream ? What exactly does that mean ? Why do you keep refering

to the Old Testament ? It is you who need to read History.

I do not believe you have read the Quran since you do not even spell it right.

Covering women's heads means they are in subjection, second class,

have you read the news about women being stoned in Pakistan ?

over 869 women died at the hands of Muslim males in Pakistan in 2013

these were all "honor killings" and that means they failed to obey,

and that is not "old testament" that is current events.

You are a Muslim I believe.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

@Villagegirl - your comment contradicts itself. If he was Muslim, don't you think he'd know how to spell Qu'ran?

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

too tired to care , that describes it

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I live in a Muslim ruled country......................................Britain!

• Mikado
    Mikado

village girl! I have never read such sweeping statements in a single post before....

let me get it right,

I apparently am a man...

and a muslim

and don't know how to spell the koran/Quran.

and ALL Muslim women must wear a uniform and are totally subjugated to men.

in EVERY respect you're wrong,

I work on a weekly basis with Musilim women who are NOT subjugated, they do NOT wear the veil, there is NO requirement for them to do so! except that of dressing modestly. Personally I think thats fine, so long as the men are also expected to do so.

NONE of the MANY Muslim woman I work with intimately fit that picture. some are devout emough to have gone on the Hajj, I was honoured enough to be invited to the ceremony to welcome them back and received the zam zam water, and dates from Mecca, and something else, but my memory fails me.

So next week, when I see my friends again, shall I tell them how oppressed they are?

Several own dogs, so I need to arrange a stoning or a whipping?

I am being facetious but I am attempting to make a serious point.

ask Muslims Not from the Middle East or Pakistan what they think of them there, and the response you get is not complimentary.

They share in disgust the same outragous stories on Facebook that you do. I see them daily.

How do I know?

because I ask questions regularly... and my Muslim friends handle it much better than the brand of Christians i grew up with would have.....

my point is this! there are aa many differences in Islam as in Christianity,

Now, for some nitpicking facts...

you. need to be careful about how much personal infor you expect people to reveal on here, it is a safety issue.

BOTH spellings of the Koran are correct. Only the other week I was criticized for using the Quran one.

I would suggest that as an athiest feminist I have every right to have an opinion on these issues.

• Mikado
    Mikado

I had better let all my friends know they must wear the veil IMMEDIATELY, I am sure this will be a surprise for them... but never mind ..

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Villiagegirl,

Last night, I was just lectured by my ex husbands Catholic live in GF that I was not practicing Islam right since I wasn't wearing a headcovering. It seems can't please any Christians. I guess I should just cover so I don't upset any of your beliefs.

I am pretty dang sick of non Muslims who read hate sites telling me what my religion is. I can read the Quran in context as apparently some here are not capable of. I have lived and worked in Muslim nations. I have visited them. So, don't tell me what it is as if you have a clue. You simply don't. Ignorance is forgivable, but if you are judging others based on it, then you have to examine your own conscience.

As JWs we learned to search out proof texts to serve our purposes of propaganda. Far right/left extremists (of both Muslim and Christian and Jewish and Buddhist persuasions) do the same thing to prove whatever point they are trying to make. I see you following the pattern

You fault me for choosing Islam as a vehicle of my repression resulting from my association with JWs (which I left at 15, unbaptised and with only my mom in the religion). I see that you have chosen Islam as the new focus of your oppression just as JWs focus on "christendom" or Catholics. You had to find someone to pick on.

Maybe you all ought to get a new hobby?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hadith is NOT Quran.

If you think being a merchant required one to be literate, you are naive. They didn't have spreadsheets. And EVEN if he could read, you think he had access to a whole bunch of scriptures that mmost Jews and Christians had never seen? Books that most people could not afford, and many had never so much as seen? How naive are you? Think he went to the local drugstore and picked up the NIV scrolls or something?

Look up successful illiterate businessmen on google. Get a grip. If you can do it in the 21st century, you think literacy was required in 7th cntury desert Arabia where the main form of transportation was FEET and camels?

• Mikado
    Mikado

JW daughter! you go, girl!

We all need our own path in life.

for me, personally, I became an athiest, you found Islam.

Both are valid choices.

Dont forget, bad news, racism, fear and xenophobia will always sell papers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit