Would Your Family Stone You to Death?

by cofty 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BU2B
    BU2B

I truly believe my parents would.

The question we should ask ourselves is : Should we hesitate leaving the borg because of family, if you know that family would kill you in a brutal manner if told to? Should we be concerned about such amoral, brutal, mindless people and what they think? Or should we only be concerned with pleasing good people and people who love and would never kill? I struggle with this thought.. Why should I care about letting down my parents who would stone me if they were told to by the GB?

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

No. My dad once went to punish me with a cane as per WT instructions and then he just threw it down.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I honestly don't think so. In fact, I may be going out on a limb here......but I think if anyone heres family was faced with the preposterous notion of stoning their child/husband/family with a large stone in such a brutal fashion......that they would be more likely to wake up in that instant, than to follow through with orders.

At least I hope so....

• Heaven
    Heaven

My Dad is no longer capable of picking up and throwing a stone so he would not be able to do this. The other JWs in our family really have nothing to do with me so probably no danger there either.

• sir82
    sir82

I think that the majority of JWs would not do this, but I can definitely think of a significant percentage of them who would do so. Quite gleefully, too.

But I don't think this phenomenon would be limited to JWs. I think you would find a similar significant percentage of people in general who would happily torture and kill even family members, if the "proper" motivation were supplied.

• cofty
    cofty

My concern is more with good people who would follow orders - however painfully - because they genuinely believe obedience is the most important thing.

As Steven Weinberg said - "Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

• Giordano
    Giordano

Before I go and do a search of Steven Weinberg.....what a great quote Cofty!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I totally believe my family would, I just can tell. Everything which comes from the Borg is gospel.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

"

ConfusedandAlone ... Have your parents ever apologized to you?

LL"

never Lois... they never would because they thought it was appropriate

• jam
    jam

My ex told the kids, to bad it's against the law to stone misbehaved

kids. She was a winner...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit