Would Your Family Stone You to Death?

by cofty 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

OT Law required Jews to take the lead in stoning a family member who became apostate.

The Watchtower has lamented the fact that the law of the land now forbids them from doing so.

If the law permitted it, as it does in some Musim countries, and if the Watchtower required it, would your family obey?

My parents are good people and I believe their love for me is genuine, but I think they would follow orders.

What about yours?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My parents would never. They were barely Witnesses. I saw a film about a stoning in Iran. It was so violent that they ran disclaimers. My WT educated mind thought of pebbles. Her husband wanted to get rid of her. Friends secretly recorded the stoning and found a series of couriers to get the film to the West.

Would not a Jesus quote stop them dead in their tracks. What is it, "Let him who is without sin, throw the first stone," Jesus sayings always impressed me. It must be the Roman Catholic character of the neighborhood.

• Laika
    Laika

How would the Watchtower require it? If it was stone your child or be stoned yourself as it is with disfellowshipping, I would be a bit worried for sure, my parents use their religious convictions as a cover for their cowardice.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Thank goodness for man made laws to prevent the Wt from actually acting this one out!

Apostate class was invented by the WT society just like an evil slave class. It so upsetting they invent a class to be shunned and latercwant to kill them!

I never guessed they would go this far!

No my parents would not. They would walk away. My mother carried two siblings up a mountain side during a flash flood. She was ten years old and considered a hero.

• KateWild
    KateWild

While we were still married, I was convicted by a JC for reviling (speaking out against DV). If my husband at the time was ordered to stone me his response would have been, "thank you it took you long enough to order me" he would have gladly stoned me, this religion is perfect for him. My kids on the other would not have stoned me. My daughter left because she would not shun me and my son is fighting for his right to stop attending meetings.

My parents were never JWs.

Kate xx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I only have my Mum left so No.

I wouldn't put it passed some of the JWs from my old congrgation though.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

"Let him who is without sin, throw the first stone,"

This scripture has been removed from the new Silver Sword Bible.

• rocketman
    rocketman

My parents are gone, but there is no way they would have obeyed any directive against me or any of their children. That's one of the many things I loved about them. They were JWs but never really toed the organizational line.

However, I do know at least one set of parents that I think would, because they currently treat their DF'd JW daughter (who is a member of this board) as if she is is dead. Once a person become dead to someone, they may not be such a far cry from actually killing them, given the directive to do so.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Sadly, my family--including my own children--shunned me when ordered to by the borg. I think that answers your question.

Apparently I was better at teaching them beliefs than I was at teaching them about love.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

One of my parents would throw a large rock while diverting their eyes. One of my siblings would gather a pile of rocks so that they could complete the task with minimal downtime. One would hold my garments like Saul. The other would jump in front of me and take the blows with me. The rest would be on vacation.

It's a shame when you put it this way....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit