Rock-star Scientists

by Oubliette 49 Replies latest members private

• cantleave
    cantleave

Brian Cox was in an awesome band - D-ream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj4wcuo9Mgo

• James Brown
    James Brown

JB: I did some further research and here are some rock stars with a lot of education, if that makes them scientist remains open to debate.

From Merriam-Webster:

sci·en·tist

noun \ ˈ sī-ən-tist\

: a person who is trained in a science and whose job involves doing scientific research or solving scientific problems

Note: a PhD is NOT required!

Well everybodys a scientist then. When I was a jailer I had to scientifically get the inmates back into their cell without violtating their constitutional rights.

Social engineering.

Before that I was a machinist/ toolmaker. I had to scientifically figure out how to make the tools and grind them to 5 tenths of 1000th of an inch.

And my father in law the electrician is a scientist because he has to figure out scientific problems before he installs the electrical wire and get the electricity

scientifically to go where it is wanted.

And when I first started working I was a carpenter. I had to scientifically figure out how to figure out angles and pitches and scientifically hoist

the materials into place to assemble them.

Even the garbage man is a scientist. He has to engineer getting the garbage to the dump with out contracting or spreading disease.

Car mechanics are scientist. They have to figure out what is wrong with the car, when the car doesnt talk or answer questions.

The funny thing is most of these scientist in the USA don't believe in evolution.

Who'd a thunk.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

JB: Well everybodys a scientist then.

Um, no. I was simply making the point that a person does not need to have a PhD to be a scientist, nor does having one make that person a scientist.

This was supposed to be a fun thread and it seems that you're just being snarky.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

scientist |ˈsīəntist|
    noun
    a person who is studying or has expert knowledge

of one or more of the natural or physical sciences.

However, we can all be students of science,

which is a good thing I think.

science |ˈsīəns|
    noun
    the intellectual and practical activity encompassing

the systematic study of the structure and behavior

of the physical and natural world through observation

and experiment: the world of science and technology.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I'm having fun.

I don't even know who snarky is.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Carl jung was an artist. His 'red book' has quite a few cool pieces of art.

S

• JeffT
    JeffT

Not a rock star, but my father (shared 1990 Nobel Prize in Medicine) could quote entire scenes from Shakespeare. Also tied his own trout fishing flies. One of his best friends (a surgeon) plays cello, another plays violin. Scientists, like all the rest of us, are multi-faceted personalities.

• prologos
    prologos

Einstein played a great in great company on his violin.

• Stumbeline
  • Vidiot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit